CP has lost a member ...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
We learned this from The Hull Truth forums and I'm passing on this info verbatim, as he was also a member here @ Classic Parker.

===============================================================================

It is with great sadness I report the loss of a long time member of THT. Wayne Prince (aka "FishinWuf") has lost his very short battle with cancer. I met Wayne through this board and became friends. We kept in touch via phone and email. I am glad to say I had the pleasure of his company on my last gulfstream trip of 2005. He was an excellent crewmember and a fun person to be around. He left us way too young at the age of 40. I am posting his obit for those of you who would like to know more about him. You will see that he lived his 40 years to the fullest.

He leaves behind a wife and two sons. Remember him on your next fishing trip as loved to be out on the water.

respectfully
Cummins (aka Troll)

http://www.thehulltruth.com/photos/phot ... albumid=60

THOMAS "WAYNE" PRINCE, JR., 40, passed away July 19, 2006 after a short battle with cancer. He was born December 28, 1965 to Sue Collins Prince and the late Thomas Wayne Prince, Sr.

Wayne graduated from Millbrook High School in 1984. During his high school years, he attained the rank of Eagle Scout. He was a graduate of NC State University, where he received degrees in Civil Engineering and Construction Management. Wayne was an avid NC State football and basketball fan and attended every game.

Wayne was past president of the Raleigh Jaycees. Under Wayne's leadership in 1996, the Raleigh Jaycee Chapter was awarded the Harold A Marks Award for being the number one chapter in the nation.

Wayne was employed by Rooftop Systems Engineers, where he was Vice President and part owner. Furthering his professional career, he had also attained his PE license and was considered a Registered Roof Consultant.
Wayne was an avid fisherman and boater. He was a dedicated husband, father, son, and friend. He will be truly missed by all those who knew and loved him.

He is survived by his wife, Sheila; two young sons, Thomas and Blake; mother, Sue Collins Prince.

The family will receive visitors at Mitchell Funeral Home at Raleigh Memorial Park, 7209 Glenwood Avenue on Friday, July 21, 2006 from 6-9 p.m. A private family burial will be held at Raleigh Memorial Park, followed by a Memorial Celebration Service 2 p.m. Saturday at Emmanuel Baptist Church, 2100 Noble Road, Raleigh, NC 27608.
Memorial gifts can be made to the Wayne Prince Children's Trust, P. O. Box 31627, Raleigh, NC 27622.
Mitchell Funeral Home is serving the Prince family, 783-7128.

=============================================================================

When you next step aboard your Parker, please remember him and say a prayer for him and his family. Thank you. Here are some photos he posted to CP of his rig and but one of his young sons who has since "upgraded" to wearing a Parker hat.

As FishinWuf put it "Here is what its all about!"

mvc_439s_904.jpg

got_em_205.jpg

here_fishy_fishy_110.jpg

While I know he is in a better place from reading about the character of the guy on THT, my deepest sympathies go out to his wife and children. As the father of young children myself and having a great relationship with my father, reading this really breaks my heart. The Prince family will certainly be in my family's prayers.

I was sad to read this and as I scrolled down past the pic of the boat and to the little boy, it really tore my heart. I have two teenage boys who hunt and fish with me, and can't imagine the pain they would go through if something happened to me. To leave such a young family behind is heart rending.

Our prayers will be with the family.

What a sad story and very heart wrenching. I have two girls 7 and 12, I can't imagine them without their dad. God bless the family. I will think about him and the family when I go to the boat tomorrow and say a prayer.

I think I need to give my girls a hug....

Anthony

DaleH":77zyiv4v said:
When you next step aboard your Parker, please remember him and say a prayer for him and his family.

Absolutely.
Godspeed Wuf... :cry:

Very sad story, too say the least. Our condolences to his family. I can't imagine their pain. Reading his obituary, he sounds like a real class act. I will think of him next time out and say a prayer for him. I will also take this as a reminder to take time to enjoy life more, count my blessings, not sweat the small stuff so much. Live each day like it's you last. It might be.

Very sad to hear of his passing. Way to young. I had gotten to know him through his Parker 2310 as this was a boat I was looking at heavily.

I have a wife and daughter and can't begin to imagine how his familly feels.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. God Bless.

John

Back