CP member hobbies when you aren't boating or fishing?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parkerman,
Thanks for all the hard work you put into the Boy Scout program. I know it takes a lot of effort to guide todays youth and if it wasn't for men like you who knows where some of these kids would end up.

Thanks agian

Capt Brian

I am a Ranger at the local Country Club.. So it's Grandkids,Golf, and some metal fabrication projects for the locals.
Retirement is a great thing!!!!!! I suggest everyone try it when possible.

Thank you Brian. We have a great group of boys and parents so that makes the job much easier.

Happy Holidays!!

dave-j":3igaiwz0 said:
Bird hunt and ski.

Also expand my knowledge and experience in single malt scotch, hopefully in a leather chair by the fire!

I know a little about this subject
My vote for Value and flavor is "Bushmills 16 yr" this is the sweet spot IMO.. best bang for the buck
To know it is to love it

But for tast and punch Aberior's.... A'bunadh soooo good 8) not to pricey

I usually say fishing and my grandkids are my hobbies, but now that I am retiring from football after 37 years of coaching high school and college, I guess I will have to add to my list. I use to wing shoot with my dad and derr hunted. Living on the Chesapeake Bay provides a lot of choices.

I used to duck hunt with my son, but its gotten to be so hard to find a quality place to hunt that I pretty much gave it up. Now mostly into coastal environmental activism with the Pamlico-Tar River Foundation, church related activities, and working on an expanded version of "Fishing the Western Pamlico", a small book I published in 2008.

Peter Boettger
Greenville, NC

I forgot to mention my other hobby as a retired old f*rt. I am fascinated with the chemistry of converting beer into urine and engage in it whenever possible. My wife isn't enthusiastic about my interest in chemistry.

jeffnick":1u5jhuxi said:
I forgot to mention my other hobby as a retired old f*rt. I am fascinated with the chemistry of converting beer into urine and engage in it whenever possible. My wife isn't enthusiastic about my interest in chemistry.

I can relate to that activity too!

Merry Christmas everyone!

i have fun building backyard ponds. usually about 1k-2k gallons. i build natural maintenance free ponds that don't require pumps or artificial filtration.

Merry Christmas.

Boating once or twice a week year round to eagle nests, downtown Nashville, chasing towboats and visiting other river sites. Starting up non-adversarial non-profits like one we started 13 years ago to look after the 700 mile long Cumberland River (cumberlandrivercompact.org), target shooting, lots of gandkid web stuff and some fun senior courses at Vanderbilt Univ.

Got tired of wood work over the years & found an oxy-acetylene jeweler's torch about the size of a pencil and got into recycling (torch burning) tin cans into fun stuff. Check out the shark at:

tincanart.com

My work table/studio looks out over the river. Got to be on or near the water to breathe. I've taught non-profit employees how to make tin can candle holders to help raise money.

Oh, almost forgot, I catch the new postings here where I have learned a lot and found exciting new stuff to waste money and time on.........................Pete

For today it will be clearing the driveway, looks like a foot of snow.

Quit working earlier this year and took up bicycle riding. Bought myself a new bike as a retirement present. Ride every day except for snow.

Hey Pete - they still have transient slips on the floating dock below the train station?

Sully":1voii1vc said:
dave-j":1voii1vc said:
Bird hunt and ski.

Also expand my knowledge and experience in single malt scotch, hopefully in a leather chair by the fire!

I know a little about this subject
My vote for Value and flavor is "Bushmills 16 yr" this is the sweet spot IMO.. best bang for the buck
To know it is to love it

But for tast and punch Aberior's.... A'bunadh soooo good 8) not to pricey

My poison is Glen Fiddich

Dave

aka

I still have two boys in college...so there is no sleeping at the switch for me. Older boy is into pistol shooting so we hit the indoor range from time to time. One of these days I've got to teach him to reload...the price of ammo is breaking my wallet. :eek:

I LIKE TO RESTORE MUSCLE CARS, I AM JUST ABOUT DONE ONE NOW, IT'S A 1976 CAMARO PAINTED 2010 SYENERGY GREEN METALLIC.

CAN'T PARKER":14asy2qm said:
I LIKE TO RESTORE MUSCLE CARS

I sooooooo wish I had a garage where I could do something like that!

I'd really love to do up a 55 Chevy.
Buddy of mine in high school had a 55 one-fifty 2-door that was black on black with a 327 and a 4-speed.
That car made a lasting impression on me.

My real passion is old Porsches. Have a 70 911 that needs a new tub and will be autocrossing it once done.

Love bird hunting and shotguns (used to do the sporting clays events) but that is on hold for a while as its tough to hunt with 1 and 6 year olds. Fishing is much more kid friendly!

Did the rc plane bit too but almost lit up an entire dry soybean field with a lipo crash and got out. Lots of skill required to do that stuff!

Tried RC planes for awhile, but was always rebuilding them after the daily crash.

After 20 years of not playing softball, I now play in an “over 50” softball league.

My wife and I (mid 50’s) have never worked-out and it shows. About two months ago we joined a gym and have been going almost everyday. So far I am real happy with the changes I am seeing in my cardo capability. My goal is to run a 5K this coming fall and have a respectable time, (for an old guy)

Craig

I am into astrophotography and astronomy. Could come in handy if we get stuck out on the water at night with no navigation aids! I have enclosed a picture from last month.

Attachments

• M42-2010smallweb.jpg
    M42-2010smallweb.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 57
Back