Cracked Tower Follow Up

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a follow up to a thread I had started earlier regarding the t-top tubes cracking on my 2018 2300 dv cc. After getting quite a bit of very good feedback and advice from members on this forum, I coordinated with my dealer (Tri-State) and found my own welder to make the needed repairs/upgrades.

The result is not as pretty as the factory welds, but looks substantial. And he was able to blend the paint with the powder coating, so it looks good.

Tri-State acted as the go-between with Parker and facilitated quick responses and fast reimbursement.

Hopefully, these will do the trick. Thanks to everyone who chimed in and gave me some very good advice.

Attachments

• IMG_4905.jpg
    IMG_4905.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4904.jpg
    IMG_4904.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4903.jpg
    IMG_4903.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4902.jpg
    IMG_4902.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
It’s not pretty but the gussets will help. I wonder why they didn’t add these during fabrication.

I'll assume the "repair" had lots of obstacles. If it were me I would have removed the t-top and did it right. A lot more work and money but sometimes we don't have that luxury.
I'm sorry but those welds are not acceptable nor was it properly dressed for finishing.
Been welding for over 35 years and I would be embarrassed to let a job go out the door like that.

Yeah not cosmetic perfection, but that gusset will make up for a lot of it. That simple change may get you by for a long time. I've seen ugly welds on a well-designed joint far outlast the prettiest welds on a bad design.

Back