Current Boat Market

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I do see that boat as in demand....especially w/ that 300 Yamaha you have on her backend. It doesn't cost any money to list on Classic Parker, the hull truth and bloody decks. I would post it up for sale now. Don't wait. Worse case scenario, you have to show it a time or two when it's chilly outside.
But, heck ya. List her up.
My only recommendation would be price it accordingly. I see so many boats posted for sale with prices that are ludicrous. Get a fair market feel for the value and stay within those parameters.... Otherwise, don't waste your time.

I just sold my 25’ Proline in less than a week. I think I had it priced fairly based on age and the work it needed. Took the low end of what I wanted for it but now I have the opportunity to take my time over the winter and wait for the right deal. If money is not a concern and you want to get her ready for the season in the spring you’ll probably get a little more, but you’ll also be spending more if you buy something around the same time. Good luck!!

People buy boats all the time, people sell boats all the time. Just put it on the market when you are ready to sell it.

In addition to pricing recommendations above, I would add to be very upfront with any potential buyers. If you have a serious buyer, tell them in that first phone call what's good about the boat AND what's bad about the boat. You won't scare off any serious buyer. Then when they come look there are no surprises. And you have a lot of creditability when you tell them the good things about the boat. I've sold several boats and one airplane with this philosophy. Each one sold to the first person who came to look. Think about how floored you would be as a buyer if a seller told you what was wrong with the boat! It's a strong technique. To say nothing of being the right thing.

Thank you all for your replies! I’m going to sea trial the 2500 Wed. & having it surveyed next Monday. If it’s as advertised I’ll pull the trigger then put my 2300 up for sale. Merry Christmas to you all!
Update: The ride of the boat met & even exceeded my expectations. It is a 2017 with twin 200 Yamaha’s. If I had not known the year of the hull I would have thought I was on a 10 year old boat. A lot of missing screws, gel coat missing, crack in the tee top. The boat has been fished hard (which I don’t have a problem with) but it had little if any maintenance. He did have service records on the engines. I tried to graciously let him know it was no need to take it out but he was insistent that I ride the boat (I told him I had been out on several 2500DV’s in the past). In the end, I declined to make an offer as I am sure what I would be willing to pay would have been a definite insult based on his asking price. The one bright spot is it freed me up for a Monday grouper run that resulted in a surprising occurrence which I’ll touch on in another post.

Back