DaleH and 25' Parker Sport Cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dale im looking to do a similar setup as you with the second steering station... im just wondering what the inside of your starboard bulkhead looks like behind your seat with all the new connections in there.

I've been toying with the idea of a simple second station, I just dont want too many wires and hoses and gobbledy gook on the inside of my wheel house to get snagged on yet MORE fishing gear.

CaptainJim":1sclmhy9 said:
... just wondering what the inside of your starboard bulkhead looks like behind your seat with all the new connections in there.

I've been toying with the idea of a simple second station, I just don't want too many wires and hoses and gobbledy gook on the inside of my wheel house to get snagged on yet MORE fishing gear.

Capt: Oh :shock: ... in that case, do NOT do what I did ;) .

aux_helm_wiring_small_144.jpg

It would not have been sooooooooooooo bad if I had properly measured, as my hoses are admittedly too short ... :oops: ...

This will be rectified, and not repeated, when I add the 3rd station :D .

hrm that actually doesnt look so bad. i'm going to start acquiring parts for said project this summer with spare cash i can hide from the wife.

I'll need two sets of two(throttle, shift) teleflex control cables, correct? one to each binnicle, and they connect at the engine?

[inside binnicle] [outside binnicle]
\ \
\ -------------------[outboard]
------------------------------------------------------/

can a single lever binnicle be used instead of a double lever?

thanks for the help dale, as always its appreciated. i'd come to mass to buy you a beer, but massachusetts is full of massholes. =P

another quick question dale: i see your rod rack underneath the gunwale, how are your rod racks fastened into the boat... i have the same rod racks, i was just going to screw them into a hull shaped peice of wood and west system them to the the bulkhead

CaptainJim":2xh3qkg3 said:
I'll need two sets of two(throttle, shift) teleflex control cables, correct? one to each binnicle, and they connect at the engine?
Yes. I'd look for 2 Morse Twin-SRs as used on eBay. You should be able to find some for < $100 each, new they go for $260.

CaptainJim":2xh3qkg3 said:
i see your rod rack underneath the gunwale, how are your rod racks fastened into the boat... i have the same rod racks, i was just going to screw them into a hull shaped peice of wood and west system them to the the bulkhead
That'll work! I just fastened them with a screw into the lap joint where the rubrail is. Gravity holds the bottom in place, though there is a small 4" pad added to give some stability. I just never glued it in place.

Posting photos of galley and tuna tower ... due to "broken" links in the pages above ...

Attachments

• Galley1a.jpg
    Galley1a.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Galley2a.jpg
    Galley2a.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 204
  • Install4a.jpg
    Install4a.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Install6b.jpg
    Install6b.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Dash Switches-a.jpg
    Dash Switches-a.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 203
UPDATE ... added active links to some of the many projects I have done to my "big ol' girl" over the years ...

Tremendous transformations over the years, I like your sink , stove and cabinets. I also like your PVC pipe ventilation of deck. I recently moved my 1987 25' Sport Cabin Parker Sou'Wester to Mid coast Maine from Ocean City, NJ. Thanks for all the helpful information over the years and thats one great looking and functional Parker you have.

Back