Dash pics of your 2520xl

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Looking for ideas on placement of my electronics on my new boat.
Can you post some pics of yours ? Change anything if you could do it again ?
Planning on a 12" multi function display, VHF & windlass controls.

For the VHF....Put it overhead. That way it keeps the Mike cord out of the steering wheel and it puts the VHF speaker more at your ear level.
For the Windless switch.....

lm7070-03_L.jpg

It has a little cradle....Mine is outboard of the switch panel.

I hope I'm supporting rather than hijacking this thread....... I'm also installing electronics on a new boat this spring.

Can you share what you have learned about best placement of antennas (VHS & GPS), radar, & other items on top of the pilothouse.

Thanks,

Dan

I'll go with the VHF overhead.... Good call.

As for the windlass, the remote is cool but for now I'll install the switch on the left so my right hand is free to move the wheel & throttle, agreed ?

Does a 12" display fit on the dash ? Lookin to install a raymarine C127

Thanks !!

I wear progressive lens glasses, so all of my gear is mounted level, or below.
If I were to mount my radio at the roof level, I'd have to damm near look at the ceiling in order to read anything mounted high through the bottom of my lenses.
That is why you see my gear mounted the way it is.
I can look out at the water normally, and merely drop my eyes through the bottom of the lenses to read the instruments.

Attachments

• Helm.jpg
    Helm.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 508
DBthal":2bscg4mi said:
Can you share what you have learned about best placement of antennas (VHS & GPS), radar, & other items on top of the pilothouse.

Dan, Not sure if it is the 'best' mounting, but I put my VHF antenna on the starboard rear corner of the roof and the GPS mushroom on the port side.

Attachments

• Roof.jpg
    Roof.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 506
Reel Addiction":3kmsbgse said:
nice pics does the steering wheel know get in the way of steering and does it hit you knee when u are navigating the boat

Are you referring to my rear station wheel?

The wheel in the cabin is an Edson, and is the same size as the Parker OEM. 15" if I remember correctly.
The one on the rear station is also an Edson. That one is 13" I believe.

No, neither one gets in my way.

Back