Deck hatches

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueghost93

Reaction score
Trying to replace the two round deck hatches on my 08 2320. I’ve seen people use a aluminum one for the bilge but what’s the best replacement for the round ones? Mine are warped and missing the gaskets. The ones at west marine will require trimming of the hole. Is there any direct replacement?

Are you talking about the pry up pie plates for inspection? If so, yes I would definitely replace them as they commonly fail and allow water intrusion into you coffin style gas tank. I just replaced mine and used the Tempress screw down style ones. I would also epoxy the exposed wood in the cored hole.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/tempress-boat-inspection-hatch-plate-43000-screw-out-4-inch-white
I actually have those and the ones on the deck are way bigger. Those ones fit the back corners for the wires run from the bilge up under the gun holes. Hmmm

I actually have those and the ones on the deck are way bigger. Those ones fit the back corners for the wires run from the bilge up under the gun holes. Hmmm

Not sure what you mean. This is the screw down plate I just used to replace the pry up one

Attachments

• IMG_4014.jpeg
    IMG_4014.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
Yes on my boat it’s bigger than a 4 inch. I ordered the 4 inch ones and they showed up and the outer ring with the screw holes in it is basically the same size as the center area so it almost falls through into the tank area

Yes on my boat it’s bigger than a 4 inch. I ordered the 4 inch ones and they showed up and the outer ring with the screw holes in it is basically the same size as the center area so it almost falls through into the tank area

Because you guessed at it, and didn't measure it. Standard Pie hole sizes are 4, 6 & 8in. But there are exceptions....

Because you guessed at it, and didn't measure it. Standard Pie hole sizes are 4, 6 & 8in. But there are exceptions....
That is correct 😂 mainly because I’m 45 min from the boat and read on here what everyone used so now I’ll go measure.

That is correct 😂 mainly because I’m 45 min from the boat and read on here what everyone used so now I’ll go measure.

I think the example I sent threw you off. I see it says 4” plate. I just sent that to show the type of inspection plate I used not the size

Mine are more like a 5.5 center area and 6.5 outside diameter including the hold down ring. I’ll post measurements tomorrow.

Purchased the screw in type 6”. Posted in the wrong thread by accident. Will make them fit the hole and then seal.

Back