Does a 21DV CC with a bracket exist?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunagi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, like a lot on here I'm guessing, I'm now totally obsessed with Parkers.

I'm wondering if a 21 Deep V CC's have ever been produced with a closed transom and bracket. Can anyone confirm or deny if that is the case?

A buddy had an older 23DV that I fished on for a few years.....man, in hindsight I was a fool not to buy it when he decided to sell. Anyway!

I trailer and fish solo a lot. I'd think that 23DV would be a handful to manage solo. Having walked on a few 21DV's I think that would be a better option.

I love the idea of a closed transom with a tuna door. Any idea if there were certain years that style may have been made?

Would even consider finding an old 21DV "project boat" and giving it a full restoration and customize it as such.

Any and all info welcomed. And, GO!!

I oftend wondered the same thing and in the past did some web searches. If I remember correctly, I done remember anyone actually trying just some people saying it wouldn't work. I believe there are some examples of the the 21 SE with a bracket although maybe aftermarket. I can't remember where I read it but, I think a charter captain in Florida had one added to his 21 SE and was happy with the result.

The factory has never produced one with a bracket.

I’d bet there may be a handful that have been converted, but there’s definitely one-offs.

If you want to see a damn nice 21with a true full transom and bracket, check out the Pair Customs 21DV. One very impressive boat.

The factory has never produced one with a bracket.

I’d bet there may be a handful that have been converted, but there’s definitely one-offs.

If you want to see a damn nice 21with a true full transom and bracket, check out the Pair Customs 21DV. One very impressive boat.
Funny you say that. I was on their website yesterday checking them out. They’re such nice boats. Thanks for the reply.

Funny you say that. I was on their website yesterday checking them out. They’re such nice boats. Thanks for the reply.
I’ve seen them several times in person at the VA Beach boat show. Excellent build quality, very good rigging (miles ahead of the new Parkers, FWIW), genuinely good people running the shop. If I was in the market for a new 21, they’d be my first stop.

Handling a 2300 dv should be no problem solo IMO having done it repeatedly and it’s a much more versatile boat than a 21. I also have to assume you will have a couple of guys with you from time to time and you will like that extra space or just hanging with the fam at the sandbar etc..

Yes, but it's a Pair customs. They do this thing where they call it a 3 piece, but the floor and hull insides are a piece, and it has a cap. IOW, the under gunwale rod holders are mounted to a surface that is not a hull side stiffener or the side of the boat. That same layer prevents you from seeing the bracket bolts on the inside.

I’ve seen them several times in person at the VA Beach boat show. Excellent build quality, very good rigging (miles ahead of the new Parkers, FWIW), genuinely good people running the shop. If I was in the market for a new 21, they’d be my first stop.
I go by their facility in Washington, NC a couple times a week. Great boats and great people! The Sea Ox/Sea-Fox fiasco tells a lot about the integrity of the Pairs'... and a lot about the lack of integrity of Sea Fox. (aka Renkins grand-babies)... The Pair family are, and have been in a variety of businesses in Greenville, Washington and eastern NC since the 1960's. Pair Electronics (The Pair Custom Boat guys grand father, then father) had Pair Electronics in Greenville for decades. When I made my living playing in bands in the 1970's, a lot of our electronics came from Pair.

Back