Does anyone know what this might be??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just keep swimming

Reaction score
Had the marina put the boat in the water, and arrived to find this screw on my helm station. Any idea what it might be to?

Attachments

• 93F0B146-1983-4420-A69D-7C1A9E272A62.jpeg
    93F0B146-1983-4420-A69D-7C1A9E272A62.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
Had the marina put the boat in the water, and arrived to find this screw on my helm station. Any idea what it might be to?
It is a drain plug and if it’s not a spare and your boat is in the water, you best get down there asap because you’ve got water coming into the bilge….

Thanks to you all- bilge has been totally dry, as has platform (I thought it was a platform plug)—-the hull plug is a bit bigger than this one, but so far no adverse water so probably a spare for some other application or I’m wrong and carrying 200 gallons of h2o at $6.00 gas that I’m not aware of!

I'll assume/hope you were kidding when you asked what it was.
Many employees at the marina will have spare parts in their hands/pockets and during launching season spare 1/2" pipe plugs are a must.
Sometimes they find their way on the consoles or in the cup holders.

I'll assume/hope you were kidding when you asked what it was.
Many employees at the marina will have spare parts in their hands/pockets and during launching season spare 1/2" pipe plugs are a must.
Sometimes they find their way on the consoles or in the cup holders.

Whenever I remove my drain plug I tape it to the wheel. I do this to hopefully prevent me from losing it and HOPEFULLY preventing me from having a brain fart and launching with the plug still out.

I learned a long tome ago to never say never.

Reactions: A-K
Mine stays in the splash well. I've never done that but I can't say it cant happen. Sometimes there's a lot of confusion at the ramps. I make it a point to put the plug in before I even hook up the trailer, part of my checklist.

Mine stays in the splash well. I've never done that but I can't say it cant happen. Sometimes there's a lot of confusion at the ramps. I make it a point to put the plug in before I even hook up the trailer, part of my checklist.

That’s one way not to forget the plug but I only tow twice a year as long as there isn’t a hurricane or a maintenance issue that requires haul out. I like to trailer with the plug out because I pull some steep grades between my house and the marina and I know that on those steep hills with the plug out, the bilge will drain more completely then it does in the yard with the trailer tongue elevated.

Warthog- thank you for the kind comments- you’re a true leader on this forum for years now.
“Strong island” tomc585- the whole point of the forum is to learn, share experiences, and share Parker life- your first comment to my post is exactly what this forum doesn’t need… Thanks to the others who messaged me. Much appreciated.

After putting my boat in the water without the plug about 20 times as a teenager, and this was in 13 and 15 whalers, we learned that we didn’t need one except we had to go fast in no wake zones to keep the water flowing outward! All kidding aside, now I put the plug in the boat the DAY before launch. It’s the first thing I do and haven’t forgotten it since 1990. On big boats that stay in the water, wrap the plug in plumbers tape. It helps keep the bilge dryer with a tighter more complete seal.

I drilled a few drain plugs (spares) and inserted a large pin. It adds a little toolless leverage. Then clip it to a tie down strap and you get a reminder staring you in the face to put the plug in. Before drilling install and mark the sides to drill so the pin will be out of the water flow.

Attachments

• 16544504623355016283542049934748_69ae6b2d1c9fd7ed897524f2235d8da85ebd143e.jpg
    16544504623355016283542049934748_69ae6b2d1c9fd7ed897524f2235d8da85ebd143e.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 2
Back