Does the 2501 dvcc ride like a 30’ boat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazman234

Reaction score
I am thinking about moving into a 2501. I was wondering due to the bracketed motors increasing over all length does it ride like a larger boat? Also anyone who has purchased one or has one on order what is the current going price. Thank you in advance.

That is a very subjective question: The 2501 DV is a beast of a hull. I fished off one in the gulf of mexico with twin 225 Optimax motors. She was wide, solid, and stable. Does it ride like a 31 Contender? No. But, that's apples to oranges and not a fair comparison.
A better comparison would be the Parker 2501 to the Contender 24S or the Contender 27. Contender will ride better due to the 24 degree deadrise. But, the 21 degree deadrise offers a more stable drift, better fuel economy, less power necessary with better fuel economy. It's a compromise/ a trade off.
Also, price point: You will be 20% less for a 25' Parker than a 25' Contender. Specific pricing is regionally specific, so you would just call your "local dealer" and price one out.

Back