done for season

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcunniff

Reaction score
Enjoy the rest of the season folks.

Pulled the boat today, powerwashed it, got it home, and started to empty it out. Have winterizing lined up for Wednesday.

Photos of it out in the parking lot and then cleaned up at home.

Marina wants boats out on time this year to do some maintenance and will give me time to get ready for some fall stuff.

Dana

Attachments

• P1000948 (Medium).JPG
    P1000948 (Medium).JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 920
  • P1000951 (Medium).JPG
    P1000951 (Medium).JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 920
  • P1000958 (Medium).JPG
    P1000958 (Medium).JPG
    79 KB · Views: 920
Man, I'm glad I'm "Mid-Atlantic."

My season doesn't end until the end of Dec or mid Jan when the ice starts to get into the guides on the rods. :D :D :D Then I hit it again in mid March when the stripers are hanging out at the warm-water outflow of the Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant (CCNPP).

Porkchunker, a lot of places here if you are on slips or moorings end mid-Oct or end Oct.

Some places may let you stay longer for more $$

I stayed the first year I had the boat deep into Nov but it is usually cold and windy.

There are some marinas you can pay to stay in year round!

You can always trailer, but I will get ready for other fall and winter activities.

Dana

This is now part of the best year for us in Texas. Great snapper fishing as the waters cool. Temps in the mid 80's in the day and all the way down into the 60's at night.

It's that time of year... :(

Our brothers up north are putting their boats away, and we are thinking about it.
A sad time of year.

I generally wait until the first week of December as our fishing season ends on the 15th. :(

Take good care of that boat Dana. I want to see her out there next spring. :wink:

I'm out too Dana.

pressure.jpg

My marina has an Oct 15th hauling deadline. The water temp is starting to head downward again, and most of the critters that I chase have headed for deeper waters anyway.

Grabbed a quick shot of Tall Tails on my last trip upriver.

talltails.jpg

He's on a mooring with no hauling deadline, so he'll have some fall fishing time yet for sure.

It's my first season with unpainted tabs. From the look of what's left of the zincs, I couldn't have stayed in the water much longer anyway......

zincgone1.jpg

Good Luck to the rest of ParkerNation during the 4th Quarter.

John

It is very depressing this time of year. I plan on staying in water until the first wee k of December. I am anxiously awaiting the water temps to drop and the arrival of stripers. This weekend is house work - next weekend will be fishing....I hope.

B-Faithful":1z8rm12u said:
I hope this means you have sent the striped bass southward :D

Stripers are special beasts. They follow us around underwater like puppy dogs, feeding off of whatever we scare up during our scrounging around the bottom. :lol:

They are fearless and magnificent ghost-like creatures that can appear and disappear with one flick of their tail. If it weren't for the black lines along their sides, we might never see them blasting by. :shock:

The big ones have personalities and the bigger they get, the more fearless they become. It's spooky to have the big ones stare you down. If you happen to catch "Frank", a 50-incher with a twinkle in his eye,,, say "hi" for me. :wink:

Back