electrolysis bonding

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffcoon

Reaction score
could sure use some advice here. I've had my 21cc for about fifteen years, and just (finally) put it in the water full time in San Diego. So i've been on boats my whole life, and am fairly competent, but im a bit stumped on a bonding issue. My boat has two thru hull fittings, one for the tranducer, and one for the bait pump pick up. Both are metal and presumably require bonding. I also have an aluminum dive step that comes into contact with the water and would also seem to need to be bonded. Im not interested in mounting a zinc to the hull because, well, I don't want to drill or cut into the hull. It seems that, as built by Parker, the builder did not contemplate full time water storage. I suppose I could string a wire to the outboard engine bracket zinc? But that seems a bit bush league. Im wondering if anyone has encountered this issue? Any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thank you!!
(I attached a pic of the ducer and thru-hull, not because it is helpful, but because everyone likes pictures. And please note that my bilge is actually much cleaner and more organized that what is showing. So filthy!)

Attachments

• IMG_8796(1).JPG
    IMG_8796(1).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Easy peasy ..... simply use your negative buss bar to bond all your metals. This will tie everything to the zincs already installed on your motor

Back