Electronics box for 1800 ???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one that Parker offers as an add-on isn't large enough to hold my new gadgets (screen is too big :wink: ). Any thoughts on where I could get a taller one with a similar footprint? Would making one be all that tough for someone who has no fiberglass experience? Marine lumber maybe?

Many thanks :)

Two other options...

Birdsall Marine has a number of fiberglass parts that might work (or could be modified to work.
http://www.birdsallmarine.com/

Another option might be to use an E-box from the Parker 21 CC
Take a tape measure to your dealer and start measuring. :)

Megabyte":24p8f6c2 said:

Now there is an idea.

Being the type of guy who likes a project, I messed around with some foamcore and made a mock-up of what I'm looking for. I didn't take into account the inward pitch of the windshield so that had to come off to test the fit. The nex one will factor this in and adjust the viewing angle some.

Megabyte":1l7rau2n said:

Now there is an idea.

Being the type of guy who likes a project, I messed around with some foamcore and made a mock-up of what I'm looking for. I didn't take into account the inward pitch of the windshield so that had to come off to test the fit. The nex one will factor this in and adjust the viewing angle some.

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 908
Wow! :shock: Nice work!

Not sure what sort of material you used for the mock-up, but could you just take what you have there and glass it?
If your fabrication skills are that good, I'm thinking you could probably build a nicer e-box than you could buy. :wink:

Thanks. Foamcore is not strong enough I would think, but I have never done glas work. That's the next thing that I have to figure out. Does anyone have suggested reading material? Google hasn't been much help. I was going to pick up West Systems book.

SamR":33ycisjj said:
Does anyone have suggested reading material?

Though I'll admit that I haven't tried my hand at it yet, after reading the many project boat postings over at http://www.classicmako.com/ I think that with a little practice I could do it. Judging from your mock-up fab skills, I think you could too. There are lots of projects over there where members fabbed items that were then glassed, so I think you could get some idea of what is involved.

Since you'll probably be using West materials, their book would certainly be a help.

BTW - We like project posts (and photos) here at ClassicParker too. :wink:

Back