Eliminating all those corroding wires to the battery

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porkchunker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got tired of scraping and replacing the small wire connectors (rings) for all of the many accessories that seem to be attached to the battery posts. Proximity to the battery was causing the smaller/thinner rings to corrode to almost nothing at all.

Decided to install those large single-post terminals to the transom, attach all of the small wires that used to be attached to the batteries to the posts, and then install large guage jumpers from the posts to the battery.

Corrosion problem is significantly reduced.

Pics are below.

Attachments

• IMG_0046-M.JPG
    IMG_0046-M.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,284
  • IMG_0042-M.JPG
    IMG_0042-M.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,284
Three seasons later and I've yet to scrape another connector. Out of all the mods I've made over the years, this has to be in the top 3...probably in #1 position. It has saved me from having undercharged batteries, connectors that corroded completely off, and lots of time diagnosing electrical problems.

Dave

aka

Yup, did that myself after I bought that salvaged 25' Pahka from Harvard U over ... 6-8 years ago now ... ??? And rewired her ...

Used the same Ancor Power Post with the ring of #8 terminals around the central power post and zero issues.

Back