Epoxy question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom888fish

Reaction score
I've seen the sticky from DaleH recommending West Systems epoxy for exactly what I'm going to be doing, i.e. additional rod holders and cup holders. I've also seen numerous references to "thinned epoxy". So what should it be thinned with and to what extend? Thanks in advance.

I don’t use West System epoxy any more ... less their G-Flex 650 product, but only when I want a ‘flexible’ epoxy.

THIN - I buy the $20+ 2-part kit from West Marine, as it is a nice, thin penetrating epoxy - no thinning agent needed!

OTHER - I use the kits from www.raka.com; simple 2:1 mix, no expen$ive pumps needed and 1/2 to 2/3rds the cost (volume dependent) of West Systems and every bit as good.

You can look at viscosity

The viscosity of the resin is the thickness of the liquid and is typically measured in units called centipoise (cP). The viscosity spectrum goes from low viscosity, something like water (1 cP), to high viscosity, something more like molasses (10,000 cP).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back