Experience with 25 Special Edition

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.A. Veil

Reaction score
I made the mistake of looking at the Boats for Sale section of the Annapolis paper yesterday. I saw a 2004 25 SE with a 225-hp 4-stroke with low hours listed for sale. I have been running a 23 SE for the past four years and am very satisfied. However, I would enjoy the extra room of the 25 SE and the T-top would come in handy for very hot or wet days. I am going to look at it this afternoon. Do any of you own a 25 SE or have you ridden on one? I am curious to hear pros and cons of that boat vs. the 23 SE. Thanks.

Took delivery on a 25se on thursday of last week , after a sea trial . Very positve sea trial . I have been rigging this weekend and should have her out friday afternoon in the ocean . The sea trial was in the bay as the wind was blowing 30 mph all last week .

I went to see the boat after work today. It was beautiful, but not what I wanted. I am relieved that the decision was so easy. The area in front of the cockpit was not all wide-open space. There was a 2-3 foot wide built in bench around the entire front. While this would be nice for seating guests, it left very little space for fishing. The owner does not fish from it so he did not care.

John -

I have a 23SE as well and have contemplated in upgrading one last time. Well until the next time!! I'm half assed interested in the 25 DV with twin four strokes. I think I'd love the boat but my wallet would suffer. Maybe someday when I grow up.

I'd like the extra fuel capacity and the ability to head out to to points unknown with the big boys!

Coming from a mako 22 , with a suposed 8' beam , truly 7'6" , a 9'6" beam feels like a dance floor . My 25 has a bare forward deck .

I have a 2003 25SE. It's alot of boat with alot of room. The bench in front of the console is not an issue. Towing it a great distance can be because of the beam,9'6". Supposedly permits are supposed to be secured although I never have. Although admittedly I am a truck driver by trade and the size doesn't intimidate me. If you don't feel the need for a pilothouse and would rather have alot of walk around room and the security to go "Outside". This is the boat for you. I've seen other boat manufaturers advertising their 30' CC that didn't seem to me to have as much moving around room. Don't forget, with the Armstrong bracket on mine, it's 27'4' long. Good luck making a decision.

John, I believe the 25SE is the same hull as my 2520 MVSC, so if you want a sea trial, you have an invite to go with me anytime. :wink:

Those 25SE's are beasts! :)

Thanks Kevin. Maybe I can ride with you for one of the SRRKC outings. I am not sure why I got tempted with "two-foot-itis". I am plenty happy with my current boat. I was actually relieved when I saw that boat and realized the layout was not good for fishing. That took the pressure off.

BuddahB":2jrp9o60 said:
room. I've seen other boat manufaturers advertising their 30' CC that didn't seem to me Don't forget, with the Armstrong bracket on mine, it's 27'4' long. Good luck making a decision.

Put a bow pulpit on your 25, and you'll have what some boat manufacturers call a THIRTY ! New math. :roll:

FishFactory":tx0pby55 said:
Put a bow pulpit on your 25, and you'll have what some boat manufacturers call a THIRTY ! New math. :roll:

Very, very true.
Look at the sailboat on my port side... it's a 30. :)

Image-DB840A65C5C611DA.jpg

Back