Experience with newer 21SE?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobin1634

Reaction score
Hi All New to the forum. I'm seriously considering upgrading from my Tidewater 180cc to a Parker 21se. I've read a lot on here about the boat and also on THT.
I mainly boat inshore around Ipswich Bay in MA and up into the rivers and flats nearby (I keep my boat on a river that goes to about 1.5 feet at dead low!) so I like the idea of a low draft hull. I am a little concerned about the "pounding" being described by many about the boat with the smaller deadrise. I won't go out in too snotty conditions, I will stay in if it's more than 2-3. I want the extra space to bring more family and friends on the boat and hang out on the sandbar while still having a great fishing platform that can handle variable choppy conditions.

also - many seem to NOT like the extra seating in the stern and bow, but that is something I WANT to bring friends along to the sandbar.

Any thoughts on this boat and if you think it will suit my needs are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Just got mine, 20 hour service done last night.
Took it 25 off of Jersey on Monday. It will pound and soak u if you push her hard. Tabs are a must for comfort but will cause more spray. I got the 150 which is plenty. Been in some big swells and tight 2 to 4s and never felt unsafe.

Just got mine, 20 hour service done last night.
Took it 25 off of Jersey on Monday. It will pound and soak u if you push her hard. Tabs are a must for comfort but will cause more spray. I got the 150 which is plenty. Been in some big swells and tight 2 to 4s and never felt unsafe.
Great feedback, thank you. So overall would you recommend it for these needs?

I'd say it's a pretty capable boat, w/ the mod v it will pound in a tight chop. But while drifting or trolling it's rock steady compared to the other boats were fishing next to. I watch the deep v's rock back and forth all day while we barely flinch. The fuel mileage is awesome, gonna find out tomorrow what I exactly burned last monday. We trolled for 7 hours and could only make 10 to 15mph on way out for 25 miles, then on way home last 10 miles was hard to stay on plane. So I should of burned quite a bit on way out and way in. Fuel gauge said it was still full half way through the day. The yamaha gauge is always below 7 gallons per hour and usually says around 5-6 gallons per hour.

I like the jones brothers/north coast boats but they weren't available when I was shopping. Those were really the only other boats I looked at for NJ bays and mostly ocean.

I'd say it's a pretty capable boat, w/ the mod v it will pound in a tight chop. But while drifting or trolling it's rock steady compared to the other boats were fishing next to. I watch the deep v's rock back and forth all day while we barely flinch. The fuel mileage is awesome, gonna find out tomorrow what I exactly burned last monday. We trolled for 7 hours and could only make 10 to 15mph on way out for 25 miles, then on way home last 10 miles was hard to stay on plane. So I should of burned quite a bit on way out and way in. Fuel gauge said it was still full half way through the day. The yamaha gauge is always below 7 gallons per hour and usually says around 5-6 gallons per hour.

I like the jones brothers/north coast boats but they weren't available when I was shopping. Those were really the only other boats I looked at for NJ bays and mostly ocean.
awesome feedback again thanks. The dealer/marina combo I would like to stay at also has North Coast now but they have very minimal seating available which makes it tough to bring the family out. It's literally the leaning post and then optional bow seating and that's it, nothing in the front of the console or jump seats astern.

Back