Factory tour

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure they are even doing factory tours with COVID. But if you can go, you absolutely should. I visited my 1801 two times while she was begin built. That's a long drive, but Beaufort is a neat little place to visit. Plan a couple of extra days and you won't be disappointed, If you decide to stay a while, post again here and I will post recommendations.

Nope. I wouldn't.

If it was a 2hr drive ..... yes.

10 hours ...... no way

What would be your goal for doing a tour?

To see the way your boat is put together?

To quality control inspect?

If it's just for fun, make a 4 day weekend out of it. If it's to put eyes on your prize to makesure it's done correctly or to affirm that is exactly how you want it done, then that would be unnecessary.

Which Parker did you order?

Do you have to have a boat on order, to take the tour ? I bought a 2006 2120 SC with 130 hrs. last year.

Do you have to have a boat on order, to take the tour ? I bought a 2006 2120 SC with 130 hrs. last year.

No, not at all. Just call Parker and schedule it. If it were me and I was making that drive up, I'd make a day of it: Go visit the Jones Brothers Marine factory: they are only 8 minutes from each other.

I’ve never toured a boat factory. But one of the things I’ve read about Parker vs the competition is they build up the hull then add stringers to full cure before they remove it from the mold.

man my 2320 feels unreal solid compared to a few other brands I’ve driven and ridden. Not that the others were bad, just my parker feels SOLID!

man my 2320 feels unreal solid compared to a few other brands I’ve driven and ridden. Not that the others were bad, just my parker feels SOLID!

I fished for many years on a friend's 2320. Very solid boat. 2 years ago I bought an 88 230 Mako. Good thick hull and way too thick gelcoat, but I don't think it's as solid a boat as his Parker was. Funny thing, he sold his Parker and bought a newer Mako, which I'll never understand. Parkers are tanks. I'm hoping to find a 2530 some day. The 23 is nice as we trailered it from Va Bch to Hatteras whenever we wanted to fish offshore. Cheaper to two 1.5 hours than run the boat 4 hours each way, plus safety from weather should it turn bad.

Reactions: A-K
I fished for many years on a friend's 2320. Very solid boat. 2 years ago I bought an 88 230 Mako. Good thick hull and way too thick gelcoat, but I don't think it's as solid a boat as his Parker was. Funny thing, he sold his Parker and bought a newer Mako, which I'll never understand. Parkers are tanks. I'm hoping to find a 2530 some day. The 23 is nice as we trailered it from Va Bch to Hatteras whenever we wanted to fish offshore. Cheaper to two 1.5 hours than run the boat 4 hours each way, plus safety from weather should it turn bad.

it a perfect world...I’d score a 2530 with the old style transom style fish box. Then put new power and electronics on!

I took a tour in 2015 and it was really interesting and informative. I was at Harker Island to fish false albacore and it was a blow out day. Not sure I would not drive 10 hours for that reason only.

I have also toured Jones Brothers Marine and that is worth the time as well if you are in the area.

I toured Parker in Beaufort in 2013 with a marketing person while I was on holiday up the coast, and finally ordered my 2310DV WA in 2014. Interesting process from start to finish - didn't know much about fiberglass, but impressed by the finished boats including a couple for a state DNR.

I'll jump in again.... I'm a marine surveyor and have been to a lot of boat plants. A factory visit will teach you things about your boat you didn't even know that you didn't know. :>) If you are anywhere close to a boatbuilder (not just Parker) try to arrange a tour. It is time well spent. Fun and informative.

Back