Factory wiring

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I’ll go with the Dielectric. Do you know someplace I can get large tubes for cheap (online maybe)?

Also, can you guys think of any other connections I’m missing? I’m trying to make a checklist. I’m sure I’ll find many more while I’m working so I ordered plenty of extra crimps.

- Bilge pump & float switch
- Cockpit lights
- Spreader lights
- Dome light
- Switches behind dash
- Power & ground blocks behind dash
- Anchor light
- Navigation lights

Strange as it might seem... Woody Wax is a great anti-corrosive agent too.
They recommend it for electrical connections in their literature. :wink:

I got all my crimps and tools and tried to do it this weekend. It looks like Parker used some sort of special crimps on all the wires behind the switch panel. Each crimp is actually 2 in 1. I decided not to mess with those and just sprayed them with T-9. I did all the power wires on the buss bar. No problems there. Moving on to the ground buss bar, I realized most of the wires are the exact length. No extra play in the wires whatsoever. I’m worried if I clip off the terminals the wires won’t be long enough anymore. Well, most of them will be, but 1 or 2 definitely won’t. I’m gonna go check it out again tonight and see if there’s anyway around that. I also re-crimped the anchor light, nav lights, spreader lights, dome light, and bilge pump. I also sprayed every electrical connection I could find with T-9. There was a ground buss bar hidden in the bilge. Sneaky sneaky. ;)

Back