Favorite cup holders?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second the Robocup recommendation. They're cheap, they've lasted me 3+ seasons, and the spring/rubber is substantial enough that they NEVER move. Easily stowed if you don't want them out, too. I wish they'd come out with a product with the same spring-held rail clip and a swiveling cup holder for attachment to non-vertical rails.

I also love my Seasuckers. I bought two of their rod holders last Spring and they're dependable as long as I check them every several outings to make sure the suction's tight. Make sure the intended mounting space is smooth before buying them. Might be a little overkill for drinks but it's a great option for mounting in a vertical bulkhead location.

like John Bush said..in gunwahl stainless cup holders.last forever..my 05- 2120sc mine used 3-1/2 "use proper hole saw size" (use new blade) .make sure no wires underneath.once bit is through lightly cut in reverse, once through gel-coat & into wood cut like u normally would..

Attachments

• 20220614_084546.jpg
    20220614_084546.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • 20220614_084602.jpg
    20220614_084602.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
What a great time to install extra rod holders and backing plates in the gunwales while you install the cup holders. You can space everything out accordingly and make it look oem.

How do you install them? Just screw them down on a horizontal surface?
Sorry just saw your question. You put a hole in the surface with a holesaw. Then just drop it in with a bead of silicone around the edge. I installed eight of them in less than an hour.

quote:

Does anyone have a bulkhead mount cupholder that actually works? I don't really care one way or the other about a gimbal mount.

bulkhead mount being the key here. Lots of options for surface or holesaw mount , I have not found many and am still looking for reasonable bulkhead mount . I may get around to make an angle bracket w/ a hole for the stainless type from HDPE.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074BWH15M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

maybe a good find here...........Thanks!

That was the very first mod I did on my boat when I got her. I also mounted one on both the Capt's and Navigator's seats on a 60' Hatteras I work on. The owner was very pleased.

Last edited:
That was the very first mod I did on my boat when I got her. I also mounted one on both the Capt's and Navigator's seats on a 60' Hatteras I work on. The owner was very pleased.

Plus, the open style like that prevents them from becoming “random crap holders” so that your drink tips over when you put it in because there’s a handful of bolts and a sinker in there 🙄

I used theses, well made TACO Marine Poly Two Drink Holder
i did not use the suction cups. I screwed the double on the top of the dash and the single mounted with screws thru the back, they still are great after 10 years. I actually used this one for the dash, koozie’s fit perfec in the square compartment

Attachments

• CA699954-9364-4E75-B4D2-FBAB2C4FB90B.jpeg
    CA699954-9364-4E75-B4D2-FBAB2C4FB90B.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Plus, the open style like that prevents them from becoming “random crap holders” so that your drink tips over when you put it in because there’s a handful of bolts and a sinker in there 🙄
That open style also allows anything but a tight fitting item to tip and slid out the side. With a 3.5 " id a 12oz can or water bottle is gone on the 1st swell , with a fat beer muff not so much. Just saying.

quote:

Does anyone have a bulkhead mount cupholder that actually works? I don't really care one way or the other about a gimbal mount.

bulkhead mount being the key here. Lots of options for surface or holesaw mount , I have not found many and am still looking for reasonable bulkhead mount . I may get around to make an angle bracket w/ a hole for the stainless type from HDPE.

Attachments

• IMG_20220707_143543995.jpg
    IMG_20220707_143543995.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I had these made and installed one in the cabin and out back

Attachments

• 6BCEF9FA-3B43-4621-B623-A93A46364949.png
    6BCEF9FA-3B43-4621-B623-A93A46364949.png
    9.8 MB · Views: 0
  • D63E5BA2-7FEC-4D49-8A38-2284BFE0E6F5.png
    D63E5BA2-7FEC-4D49-8A38-2284BFE0E6F5.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 3