Few things: New owner - Handles on stern seats? Rod holder backrest? Fiberglass L shaped mounts under bow gunnel?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ahstank

Reaction score
Good evening,

Excited that I just purchased a 2003 21 SE with a 2007 150hp Yamaha, and to join this network. From my searching it appears that almost all questions I have are covered. I will be adding some front rod holders maybe swivels as the year progresses. (located in Falmouth ma)

I bought the boat from a fly fisherman and love that he kept it very bare-bones. BUT I'd like to add some light creature comforts for the first mate and crew.

Any suggestions on handles/placement for the stern seats? I've seen some offset slightly by the engine that look slick and out of the way. Any and all advice on mounting/backplate needed etc?

Also I'm sure this is specific to my leaning post but any suggestions on a backrest that'll fit into the rod holders, I saw one that was Parker branded on here but it may have been a custom job.

The hull is in incredible shape as is the gas tank from what i can see. As I inspected the whole boat with a headlamp I noticed the L shape brackets(2) under the bow gunnel area appear broken/worn. I imagine the fly-guy spent time standing up there. I cant imagine it being from pounding as i did not notice any fiberglass spidering etc... Any suggestions on patching/replacing these?

thank you!

-Adam

bracket2.jpg
Here is where the verticle of the hull meets the top of gunnel in the bow, both fiberglass brackets are broken. Not sure if they are afternmarket or how you wouls suggest I repair/ replace.

The back seat handles I was thinking of doing on the inside of the jumpseats by the motor.

thank you!

Thanks Brad! that website is great. I'm tempted to get stainless brackets and overlay/replace the two existing ones. could hopefully use the same hardware.

View attachment 35945
Here is where the verticle of the hull meets the top of gunnel in the bow, both fiberglass brackets are broken.
I think the newer boats use an aluminum bracket. I would think they would be easy to cut off a beefy piece of aluminum angle.
Take the old one off, piece it back together and transfer the pattern onto the new bracket with a piece of clear plastic like a page protector.
Cut that 5200 off with a piece of sevenstrand wire, sawing toward the bracket. Be patient with the 5200, don't just pry it off, cut between the bracket and glass.

Last edited:
Good evening,

Excited that I just purchased a 2003 21 SE with a 2007 150hp Yamaha, and to join this network. From my searching it appears that almost all questions I have are covered. I will be adding some front rod holders maybe swivels as the year progresses. (located in Falmouth ma)

I bought the boat from a fly fisherman and love that he kept it very bare-bones. BUT I'd like to add some light creature comforts for the first mate and crew.

Any suggestions on handles/placement for the stern seats? I've seen some offset slightly by the engine that look slick and out of the way. Any and all advice on mounting/backplate needed etc?

Also I'm sure this is specific to my leaning post but any suggestions on a backrest that'll fit into the rod holders, I saw one that was Parker branded on here but it may have been a custom job.

The hull is in incredible shape as is the gas tank from what i can see. As I inspected the whole boat with a headlamp I noticed the L shape brackets(2) under the bow gunnel area appear broken/worn. I imagine the fly-guy spent time standing up there. I cant imagine it being from pounding as i did not notice any fiberglass spidering etc... Any suggestions on patching/replacing these?

thank you!

-Adam
I had a custom leaning post made with backrest that go into the rod holders. I am extremely happy with it. But I’m not sure if you’re looking for just the backrest for the entire thing. Arrigoni design in Connecticut did the work for me. Very very happy the way everything came out. (Bad pic but u get the idea)

Attachments

• 3BFB5687-5218-42A0-B741-52D452545EA4.png
    3BFB5687-5218-42A0-B741-52D452545EA4.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • C8FFBFB5-8046-4268-9E53-85FA1F35F71D.jpeg
    C8FFBFB5-8046-4268-9E53-85FA1F35F71D.jpeg
    970.9 KB · Views: 0
Back