Filling with gas problems

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Kevin. That fitting looks exactly like the one I took out of mine. I will see if I can clean mine and replace the screen.

Striperon,

When shopping for a 90* replacement (if you go that route) make sure you get one that has the vents facing 'down' when the hose barbs are pointing 'up'. I ordered a random 90* fitting someplace and then realized that if I installed it as a direct replacement for the one on my boat, the vents would be pointing up and would be able to collect rainwater.. not good :)

-- Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the caution. I found one that did have the opening that would be pointing up when the elbow is up. I skipped that model.

I am soaking my current one in vinegar. There is a lot of crud floating, but it will be clean.

Thanks to everyone for helping.

See the thread I started on this subject: http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=563

I ended up replacing both of the OEM vents with Orca vents. Very slick, and they don't stick out past the hull to catch the dock or fenders. I lost several of the plastic OEM caps to docks and fenders. The Orca vents solved my problems.

I'll try to get some pics of the new vents (exterior and interior shots) and upload them here next time I'm at the boat.

Glad we could help. This ClassicParker site is the best ever.

Back