FINALLY! A boat I can stand up in! New member here everyone!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacKing

Reaction score
Hey everyone! New member here and wanted to introduce myself... Name is Samuel and Im from NorCal.. I grew up hunting, fishing, clamming, crabbing, diving for abs (back when it was still legal!)- you know, all the fun stuff! Predominately off NorCal coast and Central/SW Oregon coast. Got my hunting license at 10y.o. and spent my childhood getting SPOILED on mother Earth's delicious bounty! I don't know ANYONE else who got to eat bowls of caviar like cereal! We were so spoiled! As far as food went anyway...

My father and I are also new to the Parker world. Well, technically HE is, I am just lucky enough to get to go fishing... and you know what? I must say I cannot believe what we were missing! This was his first Parker - a 1991 25'. We just took it out for the first time this past summer. All that I can say is WOW🤯! My experiences fishing have always been on small boats; on a couple isolated occasions we went out on a large charter boat before (70') but I spent my ENTIRE childhood buried in the bow of a 14' aluminum Valco with my sister as my father carefully guided us out the mouth!

No joke... This boat was TINY! To call it "cramped" would be lying. We would load myself, my sister, both gas cans, ice chest, & gear along the starboard while my father who is 6'7" 260 (not anymore-too old for the weight pile now!) would balance it out sitting on the port side. But, it's what we had and I loved it! We got to fish and my father was always very safe. He understood what his boat could/couldn't handle and never put us in danger.

We always would get the craziest looks though from every other boat heading out. haha

Well, after the 2020 North Complex/Bear Fire all of my fathers boats completely burned up; MELTED, actually. All that was left was puddles of aluminum. It was so sad. But, my father was done with his small boats! Being 6'7" and not being able to move around sucks. haha He settled on a 25' Parker and we've had it out roughly 10-12 days during salmon season and there is NO way that you'll be catching us in another freaking row-boat! haha

Avatar image is me & my father. Sacramento River @ Freeport Bait with that nights haul: a decent 65lb sturgeon. My dad was in Freeports 200# club back in the day for one of his 7'+ monsters he hauled out.
Photos are of his '91 25' Parker.

Have more pics of much bigger sturgeon he's caught also. Before the slot limit took effect.

Attachments

• 20220810_110347.jpg
    20220810_110347.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220810_110435.jpg
    20220810_110435.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220810_110457.jpg
    20220810_110457.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220810_110526.jpg
    20220810_110526.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Hey everyone! New member here and wanted to introduce myself... Name is Samuel and Im from NorCal.. I grew up hunting, fishing, clamming, crabbing, diving for abs (back when it was still legal!)- you know, all the fun stuff! Predominately off NorCal coast and Central/SW Oregon coast. Got my hunting license at 10y.o. and spent my childhood getting SPOILED on mother Earth's delicious bounty! I don't know ANYONE else who got to eat bowls of caviar like cereal! We were so spoiled! As far as food went anyway...

My father and I are also new to the Parker world. Well, technically HE is, I am just lucky enough to get to go fishing... and you know what? I must say I cannot believe what we were missing! This was his first Parker - a 1991 25'. We just took it out for the first time this past summer. All that I can say is WOW🤯! My experiences fishing have always been on small boats; on a couple isolated occasions we went out on a large charter boat before (70') but I spent my ENTIRE childhood buried in the bow of a 14' aluminum Valco with my sister as my father carefully guided us out the mouth!

No joke... This boat was TINY! To call it "cramped" would be lying. We would load myself, my sister, both gas cans, ice chest, & gear along the starboard while my father who is 6'7" 260 (not anymore-too old for the weight pile now!) would balance it out sitting on the port side. But, it's what we had and I loved it! We got to fish and my father was always very safe. He understood what his boat could/couldn't handle and never put us in danger.

We always would get the craziest looks though from every other boat heading out. haha

Well, after the 2020 North Complex/Bear Fire all of my fathers boats completely burned up; MELTED, actually. All that was left was puddles of aluminum. It was so sad. But, my father was done with his small boats! Being 6'7" and not being able to move around sucks. haha He settled on a 25' Parker and we've had it out roughly 10-12 days during salmon season and there is NO way that you'll be catching us in another freaking row-boat! haha

Avatar image is me & my father. Sacramento River @ Freeport Bait with that nights haul: a decent 65lb sturgeon. My dad was in Freeports 200# club back in the day for one of his 7'+ monsters he hauled out.
Photos are of his '91 25' Parker.

Have more pics of much bigger sturgeon he's caught also. Before the slot limit took effect.
Hey Samuel, Welcome to ClassicParker! Beautiful boat you and your father have there!.... Living in the flat-lands of eastern North Carolina, I'm loving the beautiful terrain I see in the background of the pictures you posted.... Our neighbor had a dump-truck load of dirt delivered to his house last week; it's the highest spot of land in the county!

Glad to have you here, Samuel. Welcome!
That's a nice Parker you have there.
I'd like to see those pics you mentioned of a much bigger sturgeon.:)

Back