Finally, got to play.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love taking new people out. These friends of mine live in NYC, never boated on the East river. We went around the Manhattan in under an hour, lol.
IMG_5186.jpegIMG_5205.jpegIMG_5209.jpegIMG_5212.jpegIMG_5221.jpegIMG_5224.jpeg

Love taking new people out. These friends of mine live in NYC, never boated on the East river. We went around the Manhattan in under an hour, lol.
View attachment 29077View attachment 29078View attachment 29079View attachment 29080View attachment 29081View attachment 29082
In the early 1980's we boated (one time) on Long Island Sound, out of the Mianus River/Cos Cob CT. I don't remember having as much fun as you all are having! (It was in January 1984, and the high that day was 17 F. ! and blowing 20+ knots... and the boat had no heat!)

In the early 1980's we boated (one time) on Long Island Sound, out of the Mianus River/Cos Cob CT. I don't remember having as much fun as you all are having! (It was in January 1984, and the high that day was 17 F. ! and blowing 20+ knots... and the boat had no heat!)

I wouldn’t recommend it for sleeping but for keeping a Parker Pilothouse nice and toasty on the coldest of days, a “Heater Buddy”does a remarkable job. I’ve Tautog Fished from my boat a few days with the temperature below 20F, it was nothing short of remarkable how comfortable that Heater Buddy made the cabin.

This was daylight with everyone wide awake and the side windows cracked open. I would NEVER sleep in that cabin with the Heater Buddy running NEVER......

I wouldn’t recommend it for sleeping but for keeping a Parker Pilothouse nice and toasty on the coldest of days, a “Heater Buddy”does a remarkable job. I’ve Tautog Fished from my boat a few days with the temperature below 20F, it was nothing short of remarkable how comfortable that Heater Buddy made the cabin.

This was daylight with everyone wide awake and the side windows cracked open. I would NEVER sleep in that cabin with the Heater Buddy running NEVER......
I should have mentioned, I was not in a Parker on Long Island Sound; it was a test ride in an Albin trawler....
I too use a propane heater in our Parker. And like you said, it is amazing how well it heats the cabin and pilothouse; and like you, I would not sleep with one running....
(1) Parker 2520 XLD, One Way to Heat The Boat - YouTube

1621306300342.png

Oh one more for the group... would anyone recommend sirius weather? I had NO idea it required a new receiver install!

I would highly recommend it if you go offshore. More than once I've been able to spot a storm pop up a few miles away and see the wind directions in it and know it was time for me to roll them up and head in. This winter, I wasn't paying attention to it like I should and had the winds start changing northeast of me. They got in between us and the shore and turned a 2 hour ride into an almost 4 hour ride.

This is the part of my trailer maintenance routine that drives my wife mad, but I always calmly explain we can take it somewhere to do the job, and that usually puts an end to any further debate...

Truth is, especially in salt, simple maintenance can buy years of trouble free usage. I bought a boat once, brought it home on a trailer with an axle so corroded it almost broke; it gave me PTSD.

I start with a foaming detergent and SaltAway from a spray gun, rinse and let dry. Usually next day I spray the components with mix of crc6-56 and/or corrosion X. The Yamaha trailer, which is usually in fresh water only, just gets the second part treatment.

The driveway take some beating, but the trailers keep rolling fine, lol.

1624320974460.png

1624321007105.png

1624321036681.png

1624321051753.png

1624321068106.png

1624321081412.png

1624321094428.png

--

Last edited:
Wow! your enthusiasm, dedication, commitment, efforts, and more should be the envy of all who see. Sorry to hear about the driveway though..:rolleyes:
lol. My wife should be used to it by now, except this particular driveway is brand new.
Well, not anymore.

--

Back