Finally, got to play.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great performance numbers with the F300 ...... WOT of 51mph and 4100 cruse at 33mph is pretty darn good with a cabin boat. If I remember correctly, you purchased an ECO 18" prop?

The boat rides great once on plane ~20mph, I still run the factory prop, Yamaha 15 1/2 x 17 SWSII SDS (I think).
I'll give it some time but will be trying different props down the road for sure. I must say, just based on my initial observations, I doubt I will be able to find anything significantly better for fast cruise.
1618922396707.png

With this big bracket /PH close quarter maneuvering can be interesting if you add a little breeze, lol. But that's a matter of muscle memory, more than a prop.

--

Last edited:
Great performance numbers with the F300 ...... WOT of 51mph and 4100 cruse at 33mph is pretty darn good with a cabin boat. If I remember correctly, you purchased an ECO 18" prop?

I agree 100%. These #s seem fantastic to me, don’t think I’d be touching that set up.....

Went to visit with my new girlfriend after work.
1619148086842.png

She's all lonely.
1619148143988.png

Installed the Edson knob on the second station wheel, that thing is awesome - heavy duty and smooth.
1619148033899.png
1619147994675.png

Went to visit with my new girlfriend after work.
View attachment 28768

She's all lonely.
View attachment 28769

Installed the Edson knob on the second station wheel, that thing is awesome - heavy duty and smooth.
View attachment 28767
View attachment 28766
Hey Swatski, I think you might have an issue that could use some 'professional' help; some call it the Parker-disease; you are spending way too much time on the new boat, and we're beginning to worry about you! ☺... By the way, I too installed the Edson's on both wheels; they are 'pricey' but they will be the last knobs you will need to buy....

I took one of my daughters striper fishing in Raritan Bay yesterday.
We didn’t catch a single fish but we had fun!

As you all know here these boats rock!
1619363260972.jpeg
1619363348785.jpeg
1619363406161.jpeg

Fishing can be hard work, trolling for stripers.
1619403575507.png

What a beautiful day. I could get used to that!
NYC in the background on the way back.
1619403682729.png

Today we got the right tools for the job: Mojo dual rigs, made by a local guy. Each weighs about a pound which makes for some tricky trolling over shoals. Few more trips and we should be getting the hang of it, and start producing.
1619403731924.png

Captain Ahab in the wheelhouse.
1619403791789.png

--

I think I finally figured out the best way to operate the second station is by sitting down on the gunnel!
At least for trolling, it works very well.
(Wireless lanyards and AP scheduled for install in a week)
1620042883337.png

I think I finally figured out the best way to operate the second station is by sitting down on the gunnel!
At least for trolling, it works very well.
(Wireless lanyards and AP scheduled for install in a week)
View attachment 28904
We have the stand-alone second station, and use it every time we use the boat.... I too use the 'gunnel-seat' sometimes! Nice pictures....

Couple of questions-
For the group: what distances make auto pilot a necessity?
For Swatski: what kind of reels are on those rigs and how did you stagger each side to avoid tangles?
-rookie troller

Oh one more for the group... would anyone recommend sirius weather? I had NO idea it required a new receiver install!

Couple of questions-
For the group: what distances make auto pilot a necessity?
For Swatski: what kind of reels are on those rigs and how did you stagger each side to avoid tangles?
-rookie troller
Here's just an old-farts opinion... Our last two boats were displacement Diesel 'trawlers' and at 8 knots, about 10 mph, an auto-pilot was a a critical necessity... With the 30 mph cruise-speed of our Parker, I have not yet installed an auto-pilot. Not saying I won't, but at 30 mph, I very-much enjoy running the boat, the 2-3 hours of a typical 'long-run', running the boat without one...
But, it would be nice when trolling, when single-handing, for Spanish! ☺

Last edited:
I can't wait to get my AP installed, it is sitting in a box and waiting for the install, I had to get at the back of the line this spring. The truth is, the slower you go the more you need one, lol. How far? A few miles of trolling is enough to make you want it.

The reels and rods are all some entry level Penn (warfare?) combos from Dick's, I wanted senators but they were out.

Not tangling those huge bucktail tackle they use here on NJ shore is a challenge, the speed needs to be just right, and you need to keep it pretty strait at the wheel; or - get an autopilot! lol

What autopilot you getting??
I got the Garmin setup - Reactor 40 with GHC20, 1.2 l Pump, NMEA 2000 kit, Hose and fittings.
Bought it from Gil on THT, it is sitting in a box waiting to be mounted by Tim of Octopus here. They are swamped so who knows when my number comes up.

Back