Finally put the name on the boat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
I probably spent 2 hours taping my vinyl boat name and hailing port to the pilothouse trying to find something that looked right.
Trouble is, no matter what I did, it just didn't look right to me.

So... I went to "Plan B". :)

Image-BA354F08FD8911DA.jpg

Megabyte":l8zoddh0 said:
So... I went to "Plan B". :)

Kevin:

You scored an "A" for "Plan B". We all don't really need to see the name on the side of your boat anyway...we all know it's you. The glare from the sun off your whiter-than-white deck gives it away 8)

But I -am- curious as to why the Pilothouse placement was not acceptable. Did you try to put the hailing port on the pilothhouse too? That might be too "busy". But I bet the name alone would look pretty sharp....

cbigma":3umxr4b5 said:
I -am- curious as to why the Pilothouse placement was not acceptable.
Did you try to put the hailing port on the pilothhouse too?

That is correct.

I just couldn't find the correct 'balance' between all of the other objects on the side of the p-house. The 'Parker 2520' logo, the pinstriping, the window, the bow railing, and the 'white space' all made placement of both name and hailing port difficult. I just couldn't make it look right.

Here is how I did it on my previous boat. I thought that one came out pretty well...

Image-7054354E901011D8.jpg

I also considered removing the Parker logo from the aft hull sides, and putting the name and hailing port there...
Still an option someday, and the size of the lettering I selected will work in that space.
Of course... I also have a set of Sou`wester logos that could go there someday for that retro look... :wink:

It's only vinyl, so nothing is permanent and can be changed at will. 8)

I put the name on the sides of my 2510, but now wished I hadn't. Sometimes the docks can get a bit harsh on the decals. My Parker pin-striping is already scuffed in several areas, as is the name on one side.

Back