Finished pilothouse seat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodick93

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the deluxe captain's chair with Seaspension, but there are TONS of times it gets in the way. A member on here had an older seat base that they were willing to part with, and I mounted it to this:Screenshot_20230310-171022.png

I had to add some plastic shimming material to get the tension right, but now I can easily access the storage behind it. It will rotate 360 degrees. There is a trampoline type suspension in the seat itself and the seats can be in a few seconds with no shared parts of the captains chair. I will probably never use the captains chair again, I like the Millennium so much.IMG_20230310_170050577.jpgIMG_20230310_170524299.jpg

I have the deluxe captain's chair with Seaspension, but there are TONS of times it gets in the way. A member on here had an older seat base that they were willing to part with, and I mounted it to this:View attachment 35929

I had to add some plastic shimming material to get the tension right, but now I can easily access the storage behind it. It will rotate 360 degrees. There is a trampoline type suspension in the seat itself and the seats can be in a few seconds with no shared parts of the captains chair. I will probably never use the captains chair again, I like the Millennium so much.View attachment 35930View attachment 35931
Very nice. If you’re interested in getting rid of the old seat, let me know- I’m in the market.

I use the same thing. Still, I'd prefer a round barseat to make swinging out to check rods or wind in easier.

Just
Let us know, looks good
I just did an overnight on the Eastern shore. Seat was great. It was nice to be able to access all the area and storage around and behind the former deluxe seat that was previously inaccessible. I just swiveled the seat and lean across it to access all that storage. It is sweet.
If I could find a precision mating piece to go between an older style seat base and the seaspension pedestal it would be awesome.
The 36 spline seaspension post is 2.86" with no taper. The deluxe Captain's chair plastic insert tapers on the OD from 3.14" to 3.28" and will not fit inside my old base "cup" (3.18") more that 1/2".
I currently have it shimmed with a thin plastic material, but I need a 36 splined adapter. I am unsure if the old seat base I have installed on the millennial seat is tapered. Trying to think of a way to measure it.
In retrospect, the ideal situation would be to just buy one of these, which is a 1:1 replacement for the deluxe captains chair locking seat base:

Screenshot_20230605-100306.png

Last edited:
Just
I just did an overnight on the Eastern shore. Seat was great. It was nice to be able to access all the area and storage around and behind the former deluxe seat that was previously inaccessible. I just swiveled the seat and lean across it to access all that storage. It is sweet.
If I could find a precision mating piece to go between an older style seat base and the seaspension pedestal it would be awesome.
The 36 spline seaspension post is 2.86" with no taper. The deluxe Captain's chair plastic insert tapers on the OD from 3.14" to 3.28" and will not fit inside my old base "cup" (3.18") more that 1/2".
I currently have it shimmed with a thin plastic material, but I need a 36 splined adapter. I am unsure if the old seat base I have installed on the millennial seat is tapered. Trying to think of a way to measure it.
In retrospect, the ideal situation would be to just buy one of these, which is a 1:1 replacement for the deluxe captains chair locking seat base:

View attachment 37021
I purchased and installed the seat base. It is identical to the factory part on my deluxe Captain's chair. I did it for the locking feature, but it really cleaned up the action also. There is a small clip that retains the delrin collar that must be removed prior to installation. It makes the assembly too tall. Takes 2 seconds.

Last edited:
Don't know how old you are, but put a few more years on and you'll be wanting that back support.
Haha, mid fifties. Went about 30 miles Sunday on the Chesapeake bay. Still absolutely loving it. I upsized trim tabs at the same time and that took a little bite out of the ride also.
Not getting rid of the Captain's chair though!

@Bodick93 where did you get those rails on your dash in front of your throttle? They seem to come in handy

Man,
@Bodick93 where did you get those rails on your dash in front of your throttle? They seem to come in handy
Man they are. It was more difficult than first glance to get those dang things perfectly straight with all the stuff in the bottom side. Home depot or Lowes, cabinets pulls. Just be advised, screws aren't stainless. Better yet, get something decent looking and plastic (compass!)and add stainless screws.
My phone stays flat in front of the throttle, also due to the compass. I had to add another piece perpendicular to the row on the dash to keep stuff from sliding off sideways behind the compass.

Very rough day on the Chesapeake Bay yesterday. Still zero downsides unless you need back support. So much more room.

Back