First boat - Parker 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davec004

Reaction score
Hi all. First of many posts (questions!) I'm guessing. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone. I just bought my first boat; a 2001 Parker 1801 w/ a Yamaha 115. It's in great shape and I'm looking forwarding to crusing/fishing the Cape Cod Bay.

Parker-1801-driveway.jpg

Hi all. First of many posts (questions!) I'm guessing. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone. I just bought my first boat; a 2001 Parker 1801 w/ a Yamaha 115. It's in great shape and I'm looking forwarding to crusing/fishing the Cape Cod Bay.

View attachment 30187
Hi Dave, Welcome to Classic Parker!.... That 1801 is a great boat!

welcome.
my first parker was a 2000 1801.
where about in cape cod bay?
we have a 23 se cc and a 2501 out of the pamet.

welcome.
my first parker was a 2000 1801.
where about in cape cod bay?
we have a 23 se cc and a 2501 out of the pamet.

That’s great. I’ll mainly be taking it out of Sesuit. I’ll stick around the Crowe’s Pasture area in Dennis, head down to Sandy Neck and hopefully get to Great Island which I hear is really nice. Any suggestions/advice?

That’s great. I’ll mainly be taking it out of Sesuit. I’ll stick around the Crowe’s Pasture area in Dennis, head down to Sandy Neck and hopefully get to Great Island which I hear is really nice. Any suggestions/advice?

i cone across to Sesuit sometimes. love the variety that builds down there as the water warms. besides being sone of the best floundering and holding some of the best tog rock piles, into august there’s been great bsb and scup. an easy run from the pamet fir some tasty bar b q fare …:)

you can easily hit the striper patch that’s usually near the last billingsgate buoy may-july, lots of great bluefish up towards welfleet, and with an 1801 you can get into the skinny water around barnstable and up towards welfleet harbour and on billingsgate for everything from schoolie stripers - fly and light tackle - to schools of bluefish in july-october and then bonito lately in august

its an in shore fishing paradise out of Sesuit.

Have a trailer ? There’s even more heading out to the S from Bass River or Sequatucket etc…

i cone across to Sesuit sometimes. love the variety that builds down there as the water warms. besides being sone of the best floundering and holding some of the best tog rock piles, into august there’s been great bsb and scup. an easy run from the pamet fir some tasty bar b q fare …:)

you can easily hit the striper patch that’s usually near the last billingsgate buoy may-july, lots of great bluefish up towards welfleet, and with an 1801 you can get into the skinny water around barnstable and up towards welfleet harbour and on billingsgate for everything from schoolie stripers - fly and light tackle - to schools of bluefish in july-october and then bonito lately in august

its an in shore fishing paradise out of Sesuit.

Have a trailer ? There’s even more heading out to the S from Bass River or Sequatucket etc…

Very nice. Thanks for all the info. I do have a trailer and I would like to take it out on the other side as well, but I know it can be rougher over there. I've fished quite a bit with a friend over at Monomoy, taking his boat out of Oyster River. It's beautiful over that side as well.

Welcome….. have same boat/ motor since ‘06. Going strong…. Lots of fun and fish. Get a cover for your motor if you don't have one- keeps that motor shiny!

Nice. She looks good.

Mine came with a custom boat cover that has a motor cover section on the back of it. I plan on having it on whenever the boat sits.

Dave ,
Welcome… I have a 1994 1800… with new Suzuki… great boat… great rough riding boat.. I pick and choose my days and go off the jersey coast for bluefin… mahi… of course pick and choose my days..also have everything safely on it… and buddy up with my fishing group… enjoy yourself…

Attachments

• 6E9C64FA-EA1A-404D-A515-A58015053BAB.jpeg
    6E9C64FA-EA1A-404D-A515-A58015053BAB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
Dave ,
Welcome… I have a 1994 1800… with new Suzuki… great boat… great rough riding boat.. I pick and choose my days and go off the jersey coast for bluefin… mahi… of course pick and choose my days..also have everything safely on it… and buddy up with my fishing group… enjoy yourself…
Love hearing that there is someone else out there that takes their 1800 out for BFT! Ride on!

On The Rocks…. Absolutely BFT… solid little rough riding boat… have to be smart… watch the weather… pick your days…

YUP! I ride my 1801 like she's a 42' cc...Anyone that calls me crazy I refer them to the story of the famous Al Grover
On The Rocks…. Where are you located and where do you go for BFT…

John

View attachment 30187
Hi Dave, I also just picked up an 1801, 2000. I'll be running out of Outermost Harbor in Chatham. I am also lookin to add some bow storage. If I run into anything, I'll get in touch. I'd appreciate you doing the same. Thanks, George

Back