FLIR on my 2520XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antidote

Reaction score
In the interest of safety I decided to add FLIR to my 2520. We go off shore (80+ Miles) and leave at 2:00 in the morning. Having the radar is a must; but, adding the FLIR has taken the pucker factor down a couple of notches.

71F691BF-E081-4EE1-A622-A20D6A614FE7.jpeg

The prices for those devices are all over the place.
What did you get? I see the photo but can't tell for sure what is. What made you decide to get that particular one?

Cost mostly. I bought the high resolution, fixed base, with the controller. MD625.

Reactions: Ana
Very nice upgrade.

I see you radar is Garmin and assuming MFD is Garmin. How does it interface? I ask because I’m assuming FLIR is a Raymarine product.

It's pretty easy. The set up I purchased was for a Garmin MFD with the joy stick controller. The only Glitch is the FLIR uses power from the ethernet connections, which Garmin can't supply. The kit comes with two power adapters to give the needed power to the camera and controller. You also have to buy two Garmin "power over ethernet eliminators" (POE) to protect the Garmin ethernet. The rest is straight forward mounting, running wires, then plug and play. The only complaint I have, if it is a compliant, is the field of view seems a little narrow. It has 1X, 2X and 4X magnification. It would have been nice if it included wide angle also.

Back