Flushing suki 4 stroke

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
I been flushing my 250 4 stroke with ears muffs at the dock. It's to much work. If I use those two plugs in front and back of motor, can I run the motor?

Never, ever bothered to flush an OB motor. And with proper maintenence and care I see no reason to ...

DaleH":3entuxnw said:
Never, ever bothered to flush an OB motor. And with proper maintenence and care I see no reason to ...
I'm shocked!! You let salt water stay in your motor all Sumer?

DaleH":15twwkaf said:
Is your boat in a lake? We have very high salt. Everyone at our marina replaced the zinc only after 3 or 4 months.

I boat on a tidal estuary fed by brackish water many miles up-river ... so perhaps that is why we don't need to ...

Do NOT run the motor when using the flush ports.

Is your motor a AP with Low water pick up?

Screen on front of bullet

100_5004_zps9a889957.jpg

warthog5":2q2rknu7 said:

Is your motor a AP with Low water pick up?

Screen on front of bullet

100_5004_zps9a889957.jpg
Ok. I was told that. I do run it with ears.

warthog5":6qwmrcgq said:

Same advice goes for Yamaha as well.
Do not run the motor on that flush port.

But you didn't answer my question....... Do you have the low water pickup as in the pix on mine?

If so........The low water pickup is covered with duct tape and the ears can be used to run the motor.

They must be covered or it will suck air there.

If you read the owners manual it does say cover with duct tape. :)

warthog5":1xi0zla5 said:

But you didn't answer my question....... Do you have the low water pickup as in the pix on mine?

If so........The low water pickup is covered with duct tape and the ears can be used to run the motor.

They must be covered or it will suck air there.

If you read the owners manual it does say cover with duct tape. :)
I don't know if it has that. Boats is up in Long Island. The lower water pick up is at the lower end ? Can you put a x on the picture. Thanks.

LOL..... I did.... Look at the pix above I posted.

Look at the bullet shape of the housing. There is a screen in the end of the bullet area. That is the low water pick up. Then there is the normal screen pickup.

warthog5":1x6w53rp said:
LOL..... I did.... Look at the pix above I posted.

Look at the bullet shape of the housing. There is a screen in the end of the bullet area. That is the low water pick up. Then there is the normal screen pickup.
No, I don't have that on the motor. What year is your motor? Mine is 2015. I am kind of glad it doesn't have that. I flush the motor with only using the ears. I don't like using the flush out plugs on motor because if you can't run it it's not flushing the head. Mayb if you did it hot and fast but once the thermostat close your not flushing anything but the lower unit.

I just call my dealer and glad I did. All my info is up in Long Island. We are moving this week and boat is up north. The motor is DF 250 TX. My dealer doesn't know if it has the low reduction gear. So I called 3 more dealers and they don't know. You guys know more then the dealers!!! Can you please tell me if this motor has this low reduction gear?? Thank you. Good thing I call because they never reg. the motor.

It has the reduction gear....Otherwise known as the offset Crankshaft / Driveshaft.

The info is all right here.

http://www.suzukimarine.com/~/media/Mar ... ochure.pdf

Note the pix page 4 with the Orange line in the cutaway pix.

My dealer doesn't know if it has the low reduction gear.

One word comes to my mind...........Incompetent...........Does not know their product.

warthog5":3l96xt47 said:
It has the reduction gear....Otherwise known as the offset Crankshaft / Driveshaft.

The info is all right here.

http://www.suzukimarine.com/~/media/Mar ... ochure.pdf

Note the pix page 4 with the Orange line in the cutaway pix.

My dealer doesn't know if it has the low reduction gear.

One word comes to my mind...........Incompetent...........Does not know their product.
When you boats in the water and you use the front or rear what ports in front and rear. I know you are to not run motor. But what is it washing ? Because if the thermostat are closed it's not going through the motor or heads.

Marty D":175rh45z said:
When you boats in the water and you use the front or rear what ports in front and rear. I know you are to not run motor. But what is it washing ? Because if the thermostat are closed it's not going through the motor or heads.

If you use the flush port, everything gets flushed.
That is how the flush port is designed.

Megabyte":2zmsa3fc said:
Marty D":2zmsa3fc said:

If you use the flush port, everything gets flushed.
That is how the flush port is designed.
Even if the therm closes ? That would be a lot great.

Back