foul odor around holding tank on my 2510

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishmanjs

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone knows of a cure to the stinky odor which emanates from around the holding tank on my 2510. Its definitely not from inside the tank; and I changed all hoses. It seems to be coming from the foam cushioning the 12 gallon holding tank in place. I'd love to remove the holding tank but, as you know, its buried under the deck and only partially accessible from the hatch door in the deck, mid ship, which provides access to the mid bilge pump, pump out motor, hoses, etc.

I've tried dumping lots of bleach on foam, spraying mixture of pine sol and water. Nothing seems to work. Is the odor from under the holding tank, that no one can reach?

Many thanks to anyone with ideas how to solve. Boat is a 2008. Been fighting the odor for the 4 years I've owned the boat.

Though two mentioned it, have not heard of the foam smelling. I would maybe ease up on the liquid treatments, I have usually just occasionally sprayed Lysol around the tank. Maybe try an ozone generator some time?

Back