Fuel economy

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2002 2320 with 200 hpdi. With 150 gal fuel, two guys around 200 lbs ea, 30 gal livewell, tuna gear, rough seas, 4300 rpm,M-17 SS prop, I was getting 1.6 nmpg two days ago measured with Garmin GFS10 flow sensor.

Honestly I think your fuel economy sounds normal for a 23 loaded to fish and operated in the ocean. I have a 2520 Mod-V repowered in 2019 with a Suzuki DF300APX. I can get 6000 RPM and 35ish knots in calm water. My set up is fine.

There are different ways to measure MPG. If I track how many total miles I travel on a 100 gallons of fuel, which includes running in the no wake zone and trolling, I get over 2 MPG. When looking down at my instant MPG when the boat is on plane at cruise speed, I never see 2MPG and neither do a couple of other guys I know with Parker Mod-Vs set up to ocean fish.

All these performance bulletin #s or guys reporting fantastic MPG at cruise are running boats in perfect conditions and not carrying much gear beyond CG required safety gear....

I have an older 2320 with Suzuki 250 and 3-blade prop. I get 1.8-2.1 nmpg depending on conditions. But if I'm wound up to 5000 rpm I am moving 30 knots or better. Maybe you are pushing too much water and do have a motor height or trim issue to figure out.

I’m right there with A-K and see similar out of San Diego. In the bay, near shore, and on the way out in the morning, mileage is mid/high 2’s. Coming back in when rough, it’s down at high 1’s because I’m plodding along at 16 -18 mph, which is poor for mileage. My tank averages are consistently mid 2’s because of the mix of speeds and conditions.

My motor is the 4.2L. I don’t know if there is a known mileage difference between that and previous generation motors.

I’m right there with A-K and see similar out of San Diego. In the bay, near shore, and on the way out in the morning, mileage is mid/high 2’s. Coming back in when rough, it’s down at high 1’s because I’m plodding along at 16 -18 mph, which is poor for mileage. My tank averages are consistently mid 2’s because of the mix of speeds and conditions.

My motor is the 4.2L. I don’t know if there is a known mileage difference between that and previous generation motors.
Those are all reassuring posts, thanks to everyone for your input.. Guess I’ll just have to look at my motor height/ and learn how to trim better!

Back