fuel filter location

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themis

Reaction score
Guys....

A guy with a Scout had an issue he recounted on THT about 25 gallons of gas being in his bilge. I posted this in the thread:

http://homepage.mac.com/salarnuk/PhotoAlbum6.html

Fifth row down, middle picture, is my fuel filter, which I can't remember whether it is in my starboard rear battery compartment or my bilge area, (gas line comes in from the tank and leaves to the engine). Could this be similar to your setup, and one of the hoses ruptured?

Hate to beat a dead horse, but maybe thats what happened? Weakened hose/fitting possibly due to ethanol effects? I think if your tank ruptured ALL the gas would be out of it and in your bilge, and in the ocean. I could see 25 gallons being pressure forced in your bilge through a ruptured hose if your setup is similar to mine.

My boat is a Parker. I hope I am wrong.

I have been busy and away from my boat for a while. Any of you know off hand if my fuel filter is in my bilge or in my starboard battery box? (2005 2520SL) I'd hate to give poor misinformed conjecture to that gent, and I'd also hate to worry needlessly about my setup.

Thanks

Its in your bilge area. Take a look at your next pic of the bilge pump. You can see the edge of the filter stucking out.

Nice pics.

Latest posts

Back