Fuel Prices

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theibis

Reaction score
Anybody pull up to a gas dock recently? If so, I was curious as to the price. I haven't fueled my Parker up yet, but it won't be pretty.

$5.86 per gallon for gasoline here in the BVI, and we get a 'corporate discount'. :roll:
It's somewhere around $7.00 per gallon for mere mortals I am told. :shock:

they are getting $ 4.89 in warwick R.I. .20 discount for people with slips @ the marina $ 4.69
89 octane

$4.20 last weekend in upper Chesapeake. When I was checking the price one guy was just getting done pumping 173 gallons=$730.00.

Took my daughter bass fishing in my small boat last night. Caught seven largemouth bass 2 - 3 pounds plus a bigger one and maybe used a gallon of gas. What a cheap way to get a fishin fix. Big bass was around five pounds or better, I didn't have a scale. For our locals the fish were caught in the Susquehanna River. My daughter caught the 5 pounder.

Attachments

• steph.JPG
    steph.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 537
$3.95 at the pump today, so I'd estimate $4.60 on the water, as fuel here in the NE typically runs 60 to 80-cents more "on the water".

I ferry most of my fuel 20 to 40-gallons at a time (5-gal containers), so if I fueled up today, with $0.25 per gallon of fuel added for the dirty 2-stroke oil, ... $4.20/gallon, divided by ~1.5 mpg for offshore trips [gotta plan for heavy seas and not most fuel efficient running] = tad less than $3 per mile :shock: estimated fuel (fool?) cost for an offshore tuna trip, which typically mean 80 to 120 miles on the boat.

Sweet! $80 to $120 each, less ice and food and gear ... for 3 guys to go fishing. It would cost me $3.25 per mile, or $87 to $130 each, less ice and food and gear ... if I fueled up on the water.

Boat for sale! :roll:

don't worry about it u can't take it with u so spend now pay later isn't that the way the government doe's it . Any way 2012 is coming lol.

Well there are some super rich people that are not thinking about gas prices.
A really big luxury boat pulled in to our local fuel dock today on their way north, the owner and his family were not aboard.
The Captain asked for a tank truck delivery. The boat took on $ 23,000 of fuel at a discounted price.
They were taking the boat to the Cape.
The Captain told us that the owner and family flew home on their private jet. Seems like the wife and kids don't like the water.
The Captain said they only use the boat occasionally, just to entertain New York stock market people.
Captain and crew of 2 stay with the boat year round, he says it is a tax write off to the owner’s hedge fund.

Filled up the 23 se to the tune of 4.89 and about $450 the other day (just under 100 gallons)

I will take delivery of my new 2011 2320sl w/225 yamaha on Sat the 21. I have been running a 27' cat and a 23'cc w/200opti trading both. I should see 60% saving on fuel, I am also installing a 9.9 ht yam on for trolling. I figure I spend approx $450=$650 yr for fuel, that being said, the fuel crunch should hit me sometime in Sept lol. I plan to use the Parker a lot this summer (if it ever stops raining)

.???? Plan on sitting on her at the dock?[/quote]
I wil use her much (like I said if it ever stops raining) if it keeps raining I probably sit at the dock.

WAJSKI - we were joking.

You said your fuel $$$ for the season will be between 450-650. For arguments sake, say the gas costs $5/gallon and your boat and you boat runs at 2mpg.

So if you spend $500 on fuel for the season, that means you burnt 100gallons (not even a full tank), and you had ~200 miles in range.

Most times when I go bass fishing or fluke fishing I rack up between 40-50 miles total per trip + when I have the engine left on for whatever reason (quick drift, etc).

My math puts you at only 4-5 trips for the season! We need way way way more out of you than that.

Yeah, what he said.

I can blow through $300 easy in just one offshore trip, I would check your math again.

My fuel bill for a season is probably close to $2000-2500, more if the tuna get in close.

Got an idea , get signed up for tow boat usa and after your done fishing get towed back. ( save a lot of gas lol )

Back