fuel vent cover

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Ronnie

Reaction score
When I was in Virginia a few weeks back I saw a few new Parkers with a cover over the fuel vent on the port side, looked like the cover was made from starboard!
Is this something Parker started doing in the past few years and if so was it done because of a problem with water getting in the vent as I have thought was a problem with mine in the past.
I thought about installing a clam shell over mine in the past but the only clam shell I could find was way too big, but this starboard cover looks like a good solution!

I have a 2006 2120 SC and it does not have a vent cover. The 2007 2120, 2320 and 2520 that I have seen all have them.
Thinking about adding one.

Ray

Anyone have a photo of these new fuel vent covers,,, or a catalogue cut-sheet of one so we can get a look at how they fit? :)

Sounds like a good idea, but how far does it protrude off the hull?

I got one for my 2120 from my dealer at no charge. He said Parker was supplying them to everyone as a retrofit.

lynchmob":wlbgch3p said:
I got one for my 2120 from my dealer at no charge. He said Parker was supplying them to everyone as a retrofit.

So they are saying there is/was a need for them ???

My dealer said there were a few cases of water in the fuel and worries of water spray/mist being sucked into vent prompted the use of a cover.

lynchmob":2vfezwqx said:

Good to know as I'm having my 1996 vintage Perkos replaced with the new style Orcas while she is stored at my dealers lot for the winter.

Sounds like the new covers will come with the Orcas! 8)

I believe the new covers fit over the flush SS vent and are mounted with 3 screws

Ray

I was looking at the fuel vent cover on my 2007 2120 SC yesterday. It caught my attention as I used it to line up my boat in the lift in my slip. It does protrude out some and the opening faces aft and down about 45 degrees. I can photo it on my next visit if anyone wants to see it.

I already replaced the OEM vents with the flush SS Orca vents. The last thing I need is another contraption sticking out 1/2" to catch the dock and rip off.

I'm happy with the Orca, and will not be adding the cover.

Back