Fuel-Water Sep Upgrade

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
This is one of the upgrades I had my dealer do over the winter.
Here is the (corroded) OEM aluminum Racor base.

Image-61236302168311DA.jpg

And here is the replacement stainless steel base.

Image-63A11A50C5B211DA.jpg

I'm still not sure why my dealer removed my drain-able Racor filter and replaced it with a Yamaha spin-on... but you can bet I'm going to ask. :?

Megabyte":3lqwh88z said:
I'm still not sure why my dealer removed my drain-able Racor filter and replaced it with a Yamaha spin-on ... but you can bet I'm going to ask.

I heard that Yummie had released a new f/w separator element made to capture "crap" due to the fears of ethanol in the fuel. That's probably why the element is bigger too, so it isn't a restriction in the fuel delivery, as the micron rating is much lower.

I bet that'll be their answer ... but please ask to confirm! Then we need to have Racor do the same, but with the drainable bowl. Great :shock: with fuel approaching $3/gallon, we have to pay more just to have alcohol in the fuel ... and we can't even drink the alcohol ;) ...

Yep, I got the same new baby blue filter from my YamTech with the same story....10 microns. (If they get much longer, we'll need another thru-hull! :shock: )

Not sure about the 23's, but mine is down in the hatch that I use to access the bilge pumps.
I think the placement is a little different depending on the model.

Is it nescessary? I think so.
You never know what's lurking in those dockside fuel tanks now-days, so if nothing else, its a measure of protection. :wink:

At least you can have an in-line filter. That is the one thing I dont like about the Opti--it cant have one. The engine requires a particular vaccum and in line filters foul it up. I am told I could get one but it may cause some stall issues when slow trolling. Not worth it consider I troll for stripers. I guess I will just be changing the one under the cowling much more frequently with the E10 gasoline.

Is the stainless bolt pattern the same as the old one or did they drill new holes?

Parker23":yis06pb4 said:
Is the stainless bolt pattern the same as the old one or did they drill new holes?

Far as I can see, it is the same.

Mega, thanks think i will do this on mine this week.

I would like to replace my oem water/sep filter on my 2000 Parker 1801. Would like to go with stainless, any idea where I might purchase?

Would like to go with stainless, any idea where I might purchase?
On-line, dealers who sell Yam products are selling the just the SS base for $56.

FWIW you can buy the entire kit of SS base, f/w element, and see-thru bowl for < $69 from Surplus Unlimited, see here. That's like getting a new element for $13 :D ! Plus the spare darin bowl and O-Rings.

I did mine when I took posession of my 1999 Parker.

I got mine at Fore and Aft Marine for $65. Bolt patterns were the same as the factory aluminum Quicksilver model.

Here are the before and after pics.

-- Tom

Attachments

• DSCF0006 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0006 (Small).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 7,295
  • DSCF0012 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0012 (Small).JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 7,295
Jim, The invoice from my shop receipt does not show a part number for the new blue filter, but I'll try to get one off the canister this weekend while I'm at the boat.

Back