Full fish around pilot house

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-K

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been pondering what my next boat will be. Because I live in the North West my go-to is always a pilot house boat. However, back in 2019 I got to fish on a BAMF 30’ fish around. It’s a beautiful thing to fish on this style of boat. 8 guys could easily spread out and fish comfortably. Way better than the walk arounds on our Parker’s. Here’s a pic I stole from the internet.
68275317-D482-40D5-9829-61F718BD2366.jpegThis boat is not a 3 piece boat so you can’t tuck your toes under the gunnel. But that is my only compliant. The deck felt very solid and the fish holds were huge.

This company has some history on a local fishing forum with a well known charter captain, so I’ll just leave it at that. But you can search for it on bloody decks. Just search BAMF Seattle boat show.

Parker boats still has the 34’ Boat mold. The 34 has a 11’ 10” beam. If they made that boat a true fish around that would be one freaking awesome boat. 😎

If they started out from scratch with a slightly narrower beam then the 34’. 10’ maybe that would sell better because it would be easier to trailer.

Is there a market for true fish around pilot house?

I think the northwest market is wanting fish arounds.

The aluminum builders in the northwest are building these fish arounds. Aluminum has an advantage over fiberglass because your building each boat from scratch (except jigs, fixtures, etc.).

But with fiberglass you need time to make a plug and build the molds.

If you want a fiberglass pilot house. The options are not many. Compare all the pilot house boat manufactures vs center console.

Who wants a fish around pilot house?

Hey Parker boats! You on here!?

Have a great weekend all!

I always liked that type design. Shamrock had one in a 20ftr & 26ftr....Powered by a inboard. Shamrock Commercial Boats - The Official Shamrock Boats
I can't remember his name, but the Founder of SeaCraft in later years built some pilothouses . [Just the Pilothouse] had sliding doors fore and aft. That man also built Fiberglass engine Brackets..... The molds were sold to a guy in Fl. and he has / had a business. It was the only "Fiberglass Engine Bracket" on the market... It looked Very much like a Armstrong. All this info was from some time ago, when I ate & slept boat design and building, so 20 some years ago.

Reactions: A-K
I’ve been pondering what my next boat will be. Because I live in the North West my go-to is always a pilot house boat. However, back in 2019 I got to fish on a BAMF 30’ fish around. It’s a beautiful thing to fish on this style of boat. 8 guys could easily spread out and fish comfortably. Way better than the walk arounds on our Parker’s. Here’s a pic I stole from the internet.
View attachment 36038This boat is not a 3 piece boat so you can’t tuck your toes under the gunnel. But that is my only compliant. The deck felt very solid and the fish holds were huge.

This company has some history on a local fishing forum with a well known charter captain, so I’ll just leave it at that. But you can search for it on bloody decks. Just search BAMF Seattle boat show.

Parker boats still has the 34’ Boat mold. The 34 has a 11’ 10” beam. If they made that boat a true fish around that would be one freaking awesome boat. 😎

If they started out from scratch with a slightly narrower beam then the 34’. 10’ maybe that would sell better because it would be easier to trailer.

Is there a market for true fish around pilot house?

I think the northwest market is wanting fish arounds.

The aluminum builders in the northwest are building these fish arounds. Aluminum has an advantage over fiberglass because your building each boat from scratch (except jigs, fixtures, etc.).

But with fiberglass you need time to make a plug and build the molds.

If you want a fiberglass pilot house. The options are not many. Compare all the pilot house boat manufactures vs center console.

Who wants a fish around pilot house?

Hey Parker boats! You on here!?

Have a great weekend all!
That's a nice lay-out with the walk-around, especially for accessing the bow for anchoring, and docking and like you mentioned, fishing. There is also a 'super-safety- factor' with that type of set-up with the deep walk-around AND the nice high rail. It would be very difficult to fall off that boat! But as usual, there are some trade-offs, as there is no perfect boat (house, car, truck, person! ☺). There will be pros-and cons.... The first con that comes to mind is; with any such deep walk-around, that is space that the inside/cabin/pilothouse will not have; do you mind sacrificing interior space? If it were a flush deck, all that space would be added to the interior, plus the cabin width can be extended. Second con, is that there is triple the surface to wash and wax. Our last boat had extremely wide and deep walk-arounds (I'll post pictures if I can find any of that feature). The safety factor was great. The access to the bow and ground-tackle was great, but it was a chore to wash and especially a chore to wax the three surfaces, as opposed to just one. (If the walk-around had not existed, and there was a flush deck instead, the only surface to wash/wax would be the deck). With a flush-deck, the added interior space would have been a huge improvement)..... We fish our 2520, and are in our 6th season with this boat. We have not had the need to go to the bow (as in, no need for a walk-around) to land a fish. Granted, we are not die-hard anglers like a lot of folks here on CP. We love to fish, but we are mostly in it for the 'boating'. ☺

Last edited:
That's a nice lay-out with the walk-around, especially for accessing the bow for anchoring, and docking and like you mentioned, fishing. There is also a 'super-safety- factor' with that type of set-up with the deep walk-around AND the nice high rail. It would be very difficult to fall off that boat! But as usual, there are some trade-offs, as there is no perfect boat (house, car, truck, person! ☺). There will be pros-and cons.... The first con that comes to mind is; with any such deep walk-around, that is space that the inside/cabin/pilothouse will not have; do you mind sacrificing interior space? If it were a flush deck, all that space would be added to the interior. Second con, is that there is triple the surface to wash and wax. Our last boat had extremely wide and deep walk-arounds (I'll post pictures if I can find any of that feature). The safety factor was great. The access to the bow and ground-tackle was great, but it was a chore to wash and especially a chore to wax the three surfaces, as opposed to just one. (If the walk-around had not existed, and there was a flush deck instead, the only surface to wash/wax would be the deck). With a flush-deck, the added interior space would have been a huge improvement)..... We fish our 2520, and are in our 6th season with this boat. We have not had the need to go to the bow (as in, no need for a walk-around) to land a fish. Granted, we are not die-hard anglers like a lot of folks here on CP. We love to fish, but we are mostly in it for the 'boating'. ☺

All good points points. And I agree it’s all a trade off. The only way a fish around like this is worth it is with a big beam boat, probably 9’6” and bigger. The BAMF I rode on had a well laid out interior.

And yes you’ll be waxing a lot! 😜

I always liked that type design. Shamrock had one in a 20ftr & 26ftr....Powered by a inboard. Shamrock Commercial Boats - The Official Shamrock Boats
I can't remember his name, but the Founder of SeaCraft in later years built some pilothouses . [Just the Pilothouse] had sliding doors fore and aft. That man also built Fiberglass engine Brackets..... The molds were sold to a guy in Fl. and he has / had a business. It was the only "Fiberglass Engine Bracket" on the market... It looked Very much like a Armstrong. All this info was from some time ago, when I ate & slept boat design and building, so 20 some years ago.
Carl Mosley founded SeaCraft. My father bought one of his first boats at the Miami International Boat show in 1967. A 19ft Bowrider. I fished the boat for 25 years. Took it to Bimini from Fort Lauderdale twice with a "Drift Table" and a compass when I was 19. One trip was one of my best one was one of my worst. Carl patented the step hull. He was a legend in South Florida!

All good points points. And I agree it’s all a trade off. The only way a fish around like this is worth it is with a big beam boat, probably 9’6” and bigger. The BAMF I rode on had a well laid out interior.

And yes you’ll be waxing a lot! 😜
Our last boat had a 12' 4" beam, and I still wish just had flush decks, no walk-around. But that was not a fishing boat and at the time, interior space was our priority. Our 'priority' has changed with every boat we've owned! ☺

Back