Fun With Air Trumpets

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maxout":2mm6me1e said:
Try these! I will post the project. Everything will be stainless and brass so no rust or corrosion. 5 Gallon Stainless tank with manual or powered pump and use the same switch as factory.

WOW! :shock: :shock:

A 5 Gallon tank! You'll be able to run power tools off that unit with plenty of Air to Spare!

I found that getting the right solenoid valve was the key to bursting the air into the trumpet, Air Trumpets Maxed Out.and you are right on, wiring the solenoid into the OEM switch is a snap!

Have a Blast and post lots of pictures of that Bad Boy! 8) 8)

cbigma":2ghnkor3 said:
maxout":2ghnkor3 said:
Try these! I will post the project. Everything will be stainless and brass so no rust or corrosion. 5 Gallon Stainless tank with manual or powered pump and use the same switch as factory.

WOW! :shock: :shock:

A 5 Gallon tank! You'll be able to run power tools off that unit with plenty of Air to Spare!

I found that getting the right solenoid valve was the key to bursting the air into the trumpet, Air Trumpets Maxed Out.and you are right on, wiring the solenoid into the OEM switch is a snap!

Have a Blast and post lots of pictures of that Bad Boy! 8) 8)

I will be doing it soon. I have a hook up on my truck to run air tools and a Viar 420 pump (commonly used in airbag systems). I used a HUGE 250PSI, 3/8" graphics quick air bag solenoid to deliver the air. I run the system with a 120psi-ON, 150-Psi-Off automatic switch. I like the storage tank for the boat so if I loose power I have reserves. I am not going to use as large of a pump for the boat as I do not plan on using it for tools so duty cycle is not as important as the truck was. Here is a picture of the pump and tank in the truck.

Attachments

• air system.JPG
    air system.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,164
we use similar whistles on our commercial small boats at work. Most of them are in the 130DB range - pretty frigging loud.

our air pumps are a LITTLE bigger than your aquarium pump....it doesnt take much to make them pretty loud.

I have a 12v DC trumpet on my MVSC and i find it weak and boring. I go through a very narrow sea gate, with a blind turn on each side (and the tide roars through there) and i have on many occasions had to give someone 5 shorts with my DC horn and have the oncoming offending vessel not even budge...

CaptainJim":3uzm3gb0 said:
we use similar whistles on our commercial small boats at work. Most of them are in the 130DB range - pretty frigging loud.

our air pumps are a LITTLE bigger than your aquarium pump....it doesnt take much to make them pretty loud.

I have a 12v DC trumpet on my MVSC and i find it weak and boring. I go through a very narrow sea gate, with a blind turn on each side (and the tide roars through there) and i have on many occasions had to give someone 5 shorts with my DC horn and have the oncoming offending vessel not even budge...

These horns are rated at 150DB, same as "Nathan" ones on my truck are. These pictured are made by Siege and are much shorter and probably a little higher pitch. I think they are 16" total length with the manifold. I am ordering a set to hook to my current air system and will see if they measure up (for under $100.00 should be worth it). I think you will get there attention with these.

Back