Furuno Fishfinder Transducer Paddlewheel Replacement?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbigma

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Furuno FCV 600L fishfinder with a transom-mount transducer. This fall during haulout, the little magnetic paddlewheel speed sensor on the transducer fell victim to my over-active pressure-washer. I struck out at the Furuno website and Googled around with no success.

Anyone know a source for these little magnetic whirly-gigs?

Hi Cbigma,

I have the same unit and I've had to replace mine once......The small washer type metal caps on the end of the metal rod that runs through those things popped off, I didnt lose the wheel, but was sure eventually it would fall off. I could not find one either but when I took my GPS to a Furuno dealer to have the battery replaced, they ordered me a new paddlewheel for the FVC 600L. Price was $15.00. Hope this helps.

Tim

Thanks Tim,

I'm zero-ing in on the OEM. Airmar up here in NH makes lots of these transducers for all the big brand-name manufacturers Airmar Marine Products Listing. They have a neat database online that allows you to cross-reference with your Manufacturer name. Airmar Database 8)

Once again the WWW comes through. What the hell did we ever do in the dark ages before the Internet? :shock:

...John

Project Update.

Although Airmar is the OEM for many of the most familiar brands of transducers, and the Airmar website has a fantastic database with cross references to easily identify your replacement parts.. you can't actually -purchase- the parts directly from Airmar. :cry:

The folks at Airmar direct retail inquiries to Gemeco Marine Accessories, in Lake City South Carolina. 843-210-7000. Gemeco folks are very helpful, and will process your request very quickly.

So here's the process I followed. 1.) locate your replacement part on the Airmar site, 2.) Call Gemeco to place the order. Simple, quick, easy. :lol:

Here's the part I needed, received three days after I called Gemeco.

paddlewheel.jpg

Back