Fusion stereo

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto

Reaction score
I'm patiently waiting for my 2022 2120SC new build and I'm trying to learn as much about it as I can before it's delivered in the spring. A standard feature is a "Fusion stereo w/4 speakers", but I cannot find what model and/or speakers are typically installed in a new build. Can anyone with a recent delivery let me know what was installed by Parker? Thanks!!

I'm patiently waiting for my 2022 2120SC new build and I'm trying to learn as much about it as I can before it's delivered in the spring. A standard feature is a "Fusion stereo w/4 speakers", but I cannot find what model and/or speakers are typically installed in a new build. Can anyone with a recent delivery let me know what was installed by Parker? Thanks!!
Alberto,

My new 2021 2120 came with the MS-RA210. Very good stereo, IMO. Not sure on the speaker model, but there are two small in the cabin and two outside. It sounds very good.

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 5.55.55 AM.png

Fusion is all I install and recommend...Don't know what models the factory installs....But Fusions are THE most user friendly out there....In Fact....I'm putting a RA 70 in my Hot Rod...Very small package and Big sound without a amp! JL speakers are the Top shelf Speakers.

Great to know it's a good unit and selected by an installer for their own personal boat. Thank you!

Yes.....Had one in my boat and going in this. My Hot Rod

Attachments

• '55 Ford.jpg
    '55 Ford.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 49
Does anyone on this thread know if the fusion radios are compatible with the garmin 7412. I checked the fusion compatibility and doesn’t list it but it does have fusion mentioned in 7412 owner manual.

Does anyone on this thread know if the fusion radios are compatible with the garmin 7412. I checked the fusion compatibility and doesn’t list it but it does have fusion mentioned in 7412 owner manual.
I would think so, since Garmin owns Fusion.

Curious about why compatibility with the Garmin is an issue? Are you looking to be able to control the radio from the Garmin? Are there other reasons to pair the radio with the Garmin?

Disregard my previous question. After posting the above reply, I found this as a feature of the radio listed on Amazon:

Control your music from a compatible multifunction display (MFD), smart device or Garmin watch

On the Q&A on Amazon found this:

Q: Can I connect the nmea 2000 cable directly to my garmin chartplotter or do I need to install a nmea network?
A: You need a NMEA 2000 backbone with terminators on each end. Add a tee in the middle to connect your Chartplotter or anything else.

The spec for the radio says see Garmin for compatible devices. The only radio that Garmin lists on their website for the 7412 is the Meteor 300 Audio System which BTW is discontinued. Garmin tech support has been pretty helpful for me. I am sure you could get your compatibility question answered pretty quick with a call to 800-800-1020.

I installed a fusion in my 2003 Parker two years ago. I mostly stream music from my phone. But I did add a Shakespeare little giant fm antenna which made a huge improvement. Radio stations on the Chesapeake kept going in and out and only a few stations receivable. It’s about 3’ long and cost about $90.00. It’s the rear antenna in the pic. It took care of the problem

Attachments

• 4DA5868A-626A-42E8-AA24-F896CE33018B.jpeg
    4DA5868A-626A-42E8-AA24-F896CE33018B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
For what it's worth, my 21se came from the factory last year with a fusion Ms ra-55. I ended up replacing it with the Ms ra-60, which is an exact fit for the existing cutout/holes. I swapped because the volume control was acting up...probably could have gone the warranty route but I wanted to add the wireless remote (ant+) which the 60 allows (the 55 did not).

Note that install did require me to make my own harness but that was pretty simple (the 55 had a hardwired pigtail/plug that I ended up cutting off and using to splice to the one for the 60. Colors were all identical, so it was simple enough).

As others have noted, if you want fusion to play with your Garmin MFDs you need to get one with NMEA support...wasn't worth the added expense in my case. I think the 70 and up gets you into NMEA support.

For what it's worth, my 21se came from the factory last year with a fusion Ms ra-55. I ended up replacing it with the Ms ra-60, which is an exact fit for the existing cutout/holes. I swapped because the volume control was acting up...probably could have gone the warranty route but I wanted to add the wireless remote (ant+) which the 60 allows (the 55 did not).

Note that install did require me to make my own harness but that was pretty simple (the 55 had a hardwired pigtail/plug that I ended up cutting off and using to splice to the one for the 60. Colors were all identical, so it was simple enough).

As others have noted, if you want fusion to play with your Garmin MFDs you need to get one with NMEA support...wasn't worth the added expense in my case. I think the 70 and up gets you into NMEA support.

Also, my small issue notwithstanding I concur that it is generally accepted that fusion makes the best head units and JL makes the best speakers. My buddy with a brand new Jupiter can't wait to swap his JL head unit for a fusion.

Thanks, nice to see what they're putting on the 2022's. Can't wait to get mine! Best of luck with your new baby.

Sweet looking car wart !!..after you cut the grass you may find your old Volkswagen ??... 🤣🤣.just kidding ..Merry Christmas

Thanks....Never owed a VW.....The car in the pix is torn down now.....Built a new chassis....Powered by a '18 Mustang Gen3 Coyote and 10 speed.

Thanks....Never owed a VW.....The car in the pix is torn down now.....Built a new chassis....Powered by a '18 Mustang Gen3 Coyote and 10 speed.
Wart I love your 55 Ford Hot Rod as my very first car was a 56 Ford Convertible with the 312. Restomods are the thing today and make so much more sense than original classics with matching numbers. Have you noticed the escalating prices the restomods have been bringing at auction relative to the originals?

Back