Future 2530 Owner Hopefully

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abcooker1976

Reaction score
Adam from Bradenton. Maritime attorney. I have a 2004 Maverick Master Angler, but have always wanted a parker for camping trips in the keys and offshore. Someday hopefully.

Great boats for camping. I recently upgraded from a 2120 to a 2530 as I have 2 kids and camping on the 2120 was not our cup of tea. My 2120 was sold to a friend who has 3 kids and they have camped on the 2120. They put a tent on the back deck but it didnt leave much space for getting around and/or spending a weekend without tearing down the tent each morning. We are much happier with the conveniences provided by the 2530. One thing that is most definitely required is a house battery upgrade or forget about the fridge on anchor/without shore power. 2530s seem to be hard to come by and we werent necessarily looking to go new/new-old-stock like we did but it was the only way we managed to find one. The fishing area on the 2530 seems to be comparable to my 2120 which I feel is sufficient for us, but we arent hard core fishermen. Good luck with the search and definitely great choice of boat.

Great boats for camping. I recently upgraded from a 2120 to a 2530 as I have 2 kids and camping on the 2120 was not our cup of tea. My 2120 was sold to a friend who has 3 kids and they have camped on the 2120. They put a tent on the back deck but it didnt leave much space for getting around and/or spending a weekend without tearing down the tent each morning. We are much happier with the conveniences provided by the 2530. One thing that is most definitely required is a house battery upgrade or forget about the fridge on anchor/without shore power. 2530s seem to be hard to come by and we werent necessarily looking to go new/new-old-stock like we did but it was the only way we managed to find one. The fishing area on the 2530 seems to be comparable to my 2120 which I feel is sufficient for us, but we arent hard core fishermen. Good luck with the search and definitely great choice of boat.
Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated. I will definitely install in house batteries and an inverter as well as a small honda type generator hookup for when needed.

Back