Garmin airmar tilted element transducer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike T

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 1999 2520 SL Parker and want to install a transducer. Looks like most thru hull transducers installed are flush mount. Anyone know what degree of the tilted mount is used on the hull? I can call my Parker dealer on Monday, but wondering if I can get an idea before hand. 0, 12, or 20 degree?
By the way the boat is a deep Vee.
Any answers or recommendations would be very helpful!!
Thanks
Mike

Thanks Cap'n Dan, that's what I thought!! Much appreciated

I am looking at the B175L and possibly a transom mount as well.
I bought the GT51 TH side scan pair, but these are too big for my boat.
How do you like those paired together?
What head unit/units do you have them paired with?

My B175M is paired with Garmin 1040 XS

My TM185HW is paired with Garmin 8610 XSV

The 185HW is better at above 500’ and has better separation, hits more targets between 200-300 foot of water, and so far a better transducer for water above 500’. It will hold depth on step. Anything deeper then 500 it won’t register depth.

The 175M is a thru hull and is better suited for 400 plus feet of water, which is the depth I halibut and ling cod fish at. It will hold depth when running across the canyon. It doesn’t do as well in water 300 and above. But just ok.

The 175M misses things that my 185HM sees with ease. But this reason could be the difference in cone angle.

Both are chirp, I like them both for different reason.

PS both these ducers are 1KW and rather large. Here is a picture of the 185HW compared to the 12x18 trim tab on my boat.

Attachments

• A85A6194-C420-426E-9C6C-099E346DC443.jpeg
    A85A6194-C420-426E-9C6C-099E346DC443.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
PS both these ducers are 1KW and rather large. Here is a picture of the 185HM compared to the 12x18 trim tab on my boat.

Howant batteries do you run on your boat?

Currently only running 2 batteries. I plan on adding a 3rd battery this next winter.

I seldom kill the engine offshore.

I run 2 batteries as well, wondering if I should add a third if I get 2 transducers with 1kw each....

Maybe...

I run a 50 gallon bait tank, radar, radio, vhs radio, and probably pushing the limit. So I never kill the engine 😜

Back