Garmin Connectivity

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99Parker2520

Reaction score
I have three different Garmin MFD's, 942sv, 942xs and a 943xsv. I have never installed the 942sv, the 942xs is installed but twice last season it froze for 1 to 1 1/2 hours so I got the new 943xsv not trusting it. I will put the new 943 in the cabin but having the other two units and wanting to put one out on the deck beneath the roof overhang what would be my best bet? Would they share a transducer or run seprately? The 943 has a GT56UHD, 942xs a GT 23 and the 942sv has a CV 51M

Ok but the transducer would be the GT56UHD and the 942XS under the roof out back connected with an ethernet cable? Seems too easy.

X-Ducer hooks to main display.....I'd believe that would be mounted in front of helm in pilothouse. Ethernet cable goes from Pilothouse display to under roof out back.

Yes, you need a crossover Ethernet cable.

I have (2) 741xs units, one with radar directly connected and the other with transducer connected. Can share across the units using just the crossover cable.

For outside on the deck I mounted a tablet holder under the roof lip, and use the Garmin app to broadcast one of my units to the tablet, can control everything from the tablet if I want to.

Thank you, lots we can do nowadays. Got the new 943xsv installed today and will get going on the outside unit. Hate to use the starboard on the dash but beats fiberglassing and gelcoating a new dash piece.

Attachments

• 9433.jpeg
    9433.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 9432.jpeg
    9432.jpeg
    399.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 943.jpeg
    943.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 26
Thank you, lots we can do nowadays. Got the new 943xsv installed today and will get going on the outside unit. Hate to use the starboard on the dash but beats fiberglassing and gelcoating a new dash piece.
Your Starboard backing plate looks great as-is; you would hardly notice it if you had not mentioned it.... nice electronics set-up!

Back