Garmin Reactor 40 with Shadow Drive and a 1.2 Pump install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antidote

Reaction score
I just completed the install of a Garmin autopilot. It was a long day; but, well worth the effort. I placed the pump and the MCU in the Starboard passenger seat cabinet. Making all of the hydraulic connections took a lot of time and effort. Bleeding the system took even longer. After get the entire system connected I was able to go through the Dockside Wizard and everything worked as advertised. I took her out, went through the Sea Wizard set up and played using the Heading Hold and Auto Guidance. I don't have the control head so everything was done using the MFDs. All I can say is WOW, I should have done this a long time ago. I am having a little issue with the autopilot hunting while in Auto Guidance; but, I have been in touch with Garmin and think I have the fix. Both MFDs are trying to tell the A/P where to go so I just need to select one MFD to be the GPS source.

What MFD are you using? I've been told that once you select a waypoint that the autopilot option should show on the MFD but I'm not getting that on my 7610xsv. I can select the route from the AP control unit but not from the MFD. How does yours work? Thanks!

Lou

I have both a 1042xsv button and a 942 XS touch. When I select a waypoint I can "Navigate to" then "Start Navigation" "Auto Navigate" "Engage Autopilot." You have to have the auto navigation requirements set and it will plot a course meeting your requirements to the waypoint. I did so leaving Wind Mill Harbour going to Deli Ledge last week. The auto guidance took me down the Calibogue Sound around the South end of Hilton Head through the shallows and then direct course to Deli Ledge. I did have to navigate around a container ship waiting to go into Savannah using the Heading Hold. After that I rejoined the course and Auto Guidance took us right to Deli Ledge.

Back