Garmin supplied with new 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarkbateman

Reaction score
Does the Garmin unit that comes with the new 1801 give a readout for boat speed , and any engine diagnostics??

Ours did: 2018 Parker 1801 : Garmin 5" touchscreen. Not a lot of real estate to mount electronics on the helm. Came w/ Yamaha square gauges as well with Fuel management, speed, tach, motor hours, RPM, MPH, battery V, etc... Is that what you are looking to find out?

You use the words "diagnostics" but that isn't the correct nomenclature as no boat manufacturer has "on board diagnostics": For that you'd hook the ECM up to a laptop w/ Yamaha software.

EDIT: After Re-reading your post, I think you are asking if the factory installed Garmin has Nema2K to the motor's ECM: the answer is no. You would use the Yamaha gauge for this info.

Ours did: 2018 Parker 1801 : Garmin 5" touchscreen. Not a lot of real estate to mount electronics on the helm. Came w/ Yamaha square gauges as well with Fuel management, speed, tach, motor hours, RPM, MPH, battery V, etc... Is that what you are looking to find out?

You use the words "diagnostics" but that isn't the correct nomenclature as no boat manufacturer has "on board diagnostics": For that you'd hook the ECM up to a laptop w/ Yamaha software.

EDIT: After Re-reading your post, I think you are asking if the factory installed Garmin has Nema2K to the motor's ECM: the answer is no. You would use the Yamaha gauge for this info.
Yes .... what you said ... haha

Yes .... what you said ... haha
I had a 2018 Suzuki 200 that was connected to the Lowrance HDS 7 , that would show engine speed , rpm , oil temp , and many other engine read outs. Not sure how it was accomplished. Was done at the boat dealership

Pretty hard to believe that any modern electronics would be unable to interface with the motor via a NMEA 2K network, provided that the engine is equipped with the proper cabling. I suspect you may need to run a NMEA cable and (if one isn't already built in) build a NMEA network, but neither of those is particularly difficult to do.

The Garmin does show boat speed and depth, it does not show RPM and such the way it is installed. I believe you can show that information on the Garmin using a network.

That is a seperate piece that interfaces with the engine and hooks to the NMEA network...Factory is not going to supply it....Dealer is capable....But a 5in....and touch screen....I do not recommend...

Back