Garmin Unit Reviews Comments Welcome

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my set up on my 2501.

2x Garmin 10" 1042xsv (touch) with GMR 18XHD radar , B75M transducer, Garmin 215 VHF with GPS/AIS, 8' antenna.

all linked together and linked to the engine. thinking of adding an AP (?).

Such as? LOL Radar, Airmar B175M X-Ducer, Standard Horizon GX1400G, Digital 529 antenna, Shakspeere HD rachet mount....to name a few things

Oh and a BEP cluster so that you get Clean power to all of it.

Such as? LOL Radar, Airmar B175M X-Ducer, Standard Horizon GX1400G, Digital 529 antenna, Shakspeere HD rachet mount....to name a few things

Oh and a BEP cluster so that you get Clean power to all of it.
Understand your response now. Will probably pass on the radar. Will definitely be installing the Airmar transducer.

I have the 1042xsv with buttons (not touch), a 24" Fantom, Airmar B75M, VHF 100, Fusion RA70N and GXM54. Love them all. I also link them with my iPhone with their apps.

I have the 1242xsv (also with the buttons as recommended by Warthog) and garmin GT50 thru hull transducer as I'm always in shallower water. Recently did the install myself with some guidance from Warthog. So far very happy with the setup - 1242 is very nice. Had garmin equipment on a sailboat (GPS, autopilot) a bunch of years back and always happy with their product.

Understand your response now. Will probably pass on the radar. Will definitely be installing the Airmar transducer.
Just my 2-cents; To me it's the "If you never had sugar in your coffee, you wouldn't know to miss it".... I never had radar on any of my boats (40+ years) until now on the 2520 XLD.... I really like it and would not want to be without it now. It's very useful for a variety of things. Night navigation. Tracking other boats. ATON's. Playing with it, to admire the technology. And yes it is great for seeing flocks of diving birds from long distance.

Last edited:
Back