Gas Stabilizer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coachbob

Reaction score
When football started I put gas stabilizer in my tank because I new it would sit for 4 months. Now that we have been knocked out of the NCAA play-offs, I will be able to hit the stripers with my 2120, between recruiting days. My question is when I put her to bed is there a gas stabilizer that I should use for my Yamaha?

You should use a stabilizer product such as Sta-Bil in your tank and run the motor to ensure the treated fuel reaches the entire fuel path. Do this before the fuel sits for more than thirty days. It is okay to treat with Ring Free at the same time. I treat with Sta-Bil year round because I rarely run the tank low enough to start fresh. The long runs from Va Beach to the NC Outer Banks in January are the only time I flush out the entire tank, and that only occurs once or twice each year.

I fish fairly hard until mid Nov, then tow to Norfolk, VA and do a couple of trips at the CBBT. So come mid Dec, I dump the Yamaha stabilizer/conditioner into the tank at a little bit more than the recommended ratio. I do this at the last fill-up, and go fishing. Whatever is left in the tank is stabilized until I start the spring season in March at the Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant (CCNPP) hot water outflow, aka "rips" Have never had a problem with startup in the spring.

Ranger,

I'm towing tomorrow AM to Little Creek NAB. The boat will be there or at a friends fenced lot for the next 60 days. We need to get together and do one of those VA/NC coast trips in late Dec or early Jan. :D :D :D

I did the "little bit extra" thing this year too.

Last time I filled up, I put in StaBil and Startron at the recommended level, as well as my normal load of Ringfree.

I figured that I'm covered because that mixture has been running through her for the past month. :wink:

No issues...

Porkchunker,

I'm game! Looking forward to some big fish off Va Beach and Sandbridge again. Too bad the wind is going berserk this week. Stay in touch.

Maybe we should have a Parker/Striper Roundup this winter?

P.S. Pay no attention to the washing machine you'll encounter at Cape Henry, the oceanfront to the south is always much nicer with a west wind. :)

Ranger Tim":3teog6cs said:
Too bad the wind is going berserk this week.

Tell me about it...

ANZ531>533-221400-
/O.EXT.KLWX.SC.Y.0134.000000T0000Z-061122T1100Z/
/O.NEW.KLWX.GL.W.0022.061122T1100Z-061122T2300Z/
/O.EXT.KLWX.SC.Y.0134.061122T2300Z-061123T2300Z/
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM POOLES ISLAND TO SANDY POINT-
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM SANDY POINT TO NORTH BEACH-
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM NORTH BEACH TO DRUM POINT-
904 PM EST TUE NOV 21 2006

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST WEDNESDAY

...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM EST WEDNESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY
AFTERNOON...
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH
THURSDAY AFTERNOON...

OVERNIGHT
NE WINDS 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT. WAVES 3 FT.

WED
N WINDS 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 KT. WAVES 4 TO 5 FT. A
CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON.

WED NIGHT
N WINDS 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT. WAVES 4 FT. A
CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE EVENING...THEN RAIN LIKELY AFTER MIDNIGHT.

THU
N WINDS 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT. WAVES 4 FT. RAIN LIKELY
IN THE MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON.

THU NIGHT
N WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. WAVES 3 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

FRI
N WINDS 15 KT. WAVES 3 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE MORNING.

FRI NIGHT
N WINDS 15 KT. WAVES 3 FT.

SAT
NW WINDS 15 KT. WAVES 2 FT.

SUN
W WINDS 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

Kevin,

Yep...no $hit, there I was, right in the middle of it. Just got back to MD, and my head feels like it is still moving up and down in a 6' cyclic motion attributable to the swells.

Fishing was tough. Water up north of the 2nd island was muddy from all the MD beaches that got torn up. Caught most of the fish down south of the 1st island at the small boat channel.

Back