gelcoat repair

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coszie

Reaction score
Anyone ever have to repair a chip in their gelcoat? It's about the size of a dime on the top edge of the tramson. Where to get the color and how hard was it. This is not the kind of project I call fun. Thanks for any help you guys can give. Cos

Cos:

If that chip has any depth to it, you might need to add some thickener so it doesn't sag, plus it helps the mix to bond on thicker patches. If that's all your doing, I could send you some gelcoat & cabosil, you'd need to get the catalyst.

DaleH, That my friend is extremely nice of you to offer!!!!!
I just got off the phone with Parker and they are looking for a kit, they will call me in the morning about it. If they can't get it together I'll surely post back too you and get the info of what with and how you made yours if that works. If you have that mix down pat you should bottle it up and sale the members little repair kits. They would love it if it was that easy (and even fix a dink or two they have been looking at for years). Thanks again and I’ll let ya know. Cos
PS. it's a little more than a 16th of an inch deep, but as round as a dime.

And that... my fellow owners... is what ClassicParker is all about :!:

Megabyte, I'm still sitting here amazed at the offer and thinking I should send Dale my Rapala 60lb grip that is still handing from the wall down in my Tackle room unused just for offering the "way out of the way help". I need to get on this site more often and help others out if this is the protocol. Cos

Coszie":zmx7vdri said:
Megabyte, I'm still sitting here amazed at the offer and thinking I should send Dale my Rapala 60lb grip that is still handing from the wall down in my Tackle room unused just for offering the "way out of the way help". I need to get on this site more often and help others out if this is the protocol. Cos

Funny, I have the same Rapala grip except mine isn't hanging on a wall, its thrown in a bucket in the garage. The jaws don't open wide enough. :x

Dom

It's funny how a man can go into a tackle shop and see something that he doesn't have then make sure it ends up in the cart just incase he needs it in the future. I am a pro at that, just to wonder why in the hell I would ever need it for the type fishing I do just two days later. At that point I remember why I went in there too start with and go back too get it. Fishing has way too many choices for me to handle.

Agreed. So does boating. :D

I over think everything I do just for that reason and still usually end up unhappy with what I decided on. Oh well.

Dom

Hey Dale, Just letting you know I have a pint coming from parker. The service guy James said he could sent it straight to me if I paid through a dealer which I did by phone. Thanks again for the ofter!!!

Back