Getting bow down on 2300

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so the report is in. Moved batteries to console, had the 18 in tabs installed and already had done 4 blade prop. Number one moving batteries to console made a HUGE improvement. Rear of boat at rest is up 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch which really levels the boat. I had my motor height set perfect but had to drop a hole to keep prop hooked up in turns due to stern lift from battery move. This combined with the bigger tabs is a game changer. I can now get nose flat at 17 mph. If you own a 2300 highly recommend this battery move. Everybody that’s been on boat this year feels like it’s a different boat. I wasn’t sure I was gonna love this boat but now I’m convinced.
Thanks Parker community for encouraging the battery move and the larger tabs. Now I can fish offshore and comfortably come back in 3 footers if need be.
Awesome! Your engine on a bracket? I’d like to raise my motor to get the lower unit out of the water when tilted up. Can you tell me what holes you were using pre-battery move? Tx!

Yes 2300 dv is a bracket boat. I was in second hole from the top now in top hole
Ok tx. I’m also in 2nd hole from top. My f250 yami lower unit is almost all the way in the water when tilted up. I may raise a hole and see what happens

Ok so the report is in. Moved batteries to console, had the 18 in tabs installed and already had done 4 blade prop. Number one moving batteries to console made a HUGE improvement. Rear of boat at rest is up 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch which really levels the boat. I had my motor height set perfect but had to drop a hole to keep prop hooked up in turns due to stern lift from battery move. This combined with the bigger tabs is a game changer. I can now get nose flat at 17 mph. If you own a 2300 highly recommend this battery move. Everybody that’s been on boat this year feels like it’s a different boat. I wasn’t sure I was gonna love this boat but now I’m convinced.
Thanks Parker community for encouraging the battery move and the larger tabs. Now I can fish offshore and comfortably come back in 3 footers if need be.
I have a 23DVCC with a 300hp Yamaha which is stern heavy as the Parkers were designed originally for the weight of 2 strokes. Attached is a picture of a 23 ft Anacapri that was converted from a walkaround to a CC. The original engines were twin 150 2 strokes. Instead repowering with a single 300 4 stroke the owner hung twin 150 4 stroke which are about 400 pounds heavier than the original setup. The scuppers are below the waterline and clogged with barnacles and the boat Porpoises up and down every 5 seconds. I cringe everytime I see the boat go by.

Attachments

• 20220722_081446.jpg
    20220722_081446.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
I have a 23DVCC with a 300hp Yamaha which is stern heavy as the Parkers were designed originally for the weight of 2 strokes. Attached is a picture of a 23 ft Anacapri that was converted from a walkaround to a CC. The original engines were twin 150 2 strokes. Instead repowering with a single 300 4 stroke the owner hung twin 150 4 stroke which are about 400 pounds heavier than the original setup. The scuppers are below the waterline and clogged with barnacles and the boat Porpoises up and down every 5 seconds. I cringe everytime I see the boat go by.
😂

How do you figure 400lbs heavier??? I’m currently repowering from V6 Yamaha SWS 150s (426lbs) to I4 F150s (483lbs) Total difference is about 114lbs, minus the weight of two oil tanks. Those must have been ultralight 2 strokes or custom lead-built 4 strokes!!

How do you figure 400lbs heavier??? I’m currently repowering from V6 Yamaha SWS 150s (426lbs) to I4 F150s (483lbs) Total difference is about 114lbs, minus the weight of two oil tanks. Those must have been ultralight 2 strokes or custom lead-built 4 strokes!!
Sorry the old engines were 4 cylinder 2 stroke yamahas, I think 115hp. The center console arrangement moved every thing to the stern which shifted weight.

It always kill me how everyone automatically suggests bigger trim tabs, perma-trim, changing the engine mounting holes, etc.
when BY FAR the biggest impact is from moving the batteries. Glad you did it.

It always kill me how everyone automatically suggests bigger trim tabs, perma-trim, changing the engine mounting holes, etc.
when BY FAR the biggest impact is from moving the batteries. Glad you did it.
Well, moving the batteries is a big expensive job. A permatrim ran me about $150 dollars and based on testimonials here on the site really improves the ride. I chose that first and I'm glad I did because it works and is cheap! Changed my boat. Now, I may still move the batteries but that is now a lower priority job for two reasons.
1. I really don't want to take up more room in my already tight 2300 console and 2. ~80lbs in batteries just is not that much weight for such a heavy boat to begin with. Now, others have had success with this so I'll move them eventually. Then the benefits of both battery move + permatrim will make my boat near perfect!

Ok so took the 2300 40 miles S of Martha’s Vineyard at 5 am Wed in a seriously confused sea with major swells and standing 2 to 3s. Ride out was long but uneventful at an average speed of 23 mph. This was the final test of the 3 changes and it passed with flying colors. No pounding 2.4 mpg with 3 guys and full tuna load and a nice Yellowfin to top off the day!

Attachments

• 95634658-A58A-4525-8233-7829052AA8DC.jpeg
    95634658-A58A-4525-8233-7829052AA8DC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
@Cman60 and others. I’m jumping in and moving the batteries from stern to under console seat. Can you tell me if you were able to run the cable chase staging from the stern to now on top of gas tank? Or did you make the turn and go around the gas tank toward the side of the boat?

I’m looking for the best/shortest method to run my battery cables to the console.

Tx!!

@Cman60 and others. I’m jumping in and moving the batteries from stern to under console seat. Can you tell me if you were able to run the cable chase staging from the stern to now on top of gas tank? Or did you make the turn and go around the gas tank toward the side of the boat?

I’m looking for the best/shortest method to run my battery cables to the console.

Tx!!
Not sure. I didn’t do the work but it looks like they made a straight shot. Additionally I would not move batteries under console seat. Moving them into the console moves that weight another 5 ft forward which makes a big difference IMO. Squeeze them in on the floor behind the electrical systems. You won’t regret this decision.

Not sure. I didn’t do the work but it looks like they made a straight shot. Additionally I would not move batteries under console seat. Moving them into the console moves that weight another 5 ft forward which makes a big difference IMO. Squeeze them in on the floor behind the electrical systems. You won’t regret this decision.
Tx! Yah the plan is to put them under the front seat- the bench in front of the ctr console. Vs the helm seat.

Back