Getting bow down on 2300

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a Windlass? As crazy as it sound, having the windlass can sometime help weight it down.

On my 2120 with a 200hp 4s, I used to always have to use the trim taps to help push it down but it only help just a little and still pounds. I also have a 4 blade prop that helped getting out of the hole compared to the 3 blade which also helped but I found the biggest improvement when I added the permatrim and maybe the windlass. I added both of these items together so I can't say which one was the bigger contributor but I'm leaning towards permatrim. It is night and day different.
Yeah I have a windless upfront. I’m hoping moving the batteries plus the bigger tabs will do the trick

Still in shop waiting for service. My season is over. I won’t test changes till next year, but if larger tabs don’t do the trick then I’ll put on a Permatrim. That’s a quick add on so I can make that change early next season if I need to. I’m sad to hear the bigger tabs and a 4 blade isn’t working for you. Are your batteries still in the bilge and do you have rear seat? I think pulling the batteries could be helpful. This boat just hates weight in the rear.
I don’t have the same boat but I’ll share my experience. I did the Permatrim first. It made a big difference. Very happy with the results. Then I did the 12”x18” tabs. They also made a big difference. Moral of the story, just do both and you won’t be sorry that you did. The Permatrim is a much easier job also and it’s reasonably cheap. Moving the tabs required moving the actuators for me to get the tab positioning correct. Good luck.

I don’t have the same boat but I’ll share my experience. I did the Permatrim first. It made a big difference. Very happy with the results. Then I did the 12”x18” tabs. They also made a big difference. Moral of the story, just do both and you won’t be sorry that you did. The Permatrim is a much easier job also and it’s reasonably cheap. Moving the tabs required moving the actuators for me to get the tab positioning correct. Good luck.
Thanks I’ve read on this site that you didn’t have to move actuators and that the tabs worked fine being off center.

I have a 2300 with the standard tabs and no permatrim. I am not a fan of adding full time drag when it is not needed full time. I moved my batteries to the forward part of the console, put my cooler and tackle box in front of the console when running, trim the engine and tabs down and have no problem keeping my bow down.

I have a 2300 with the standard tabs and no permatrim. I am not a fan of adding full time drag when it is not needed full time. I moved my batteries to the forward part of the console, put my cooler and tackle box in front of the console when running, trim the engine and tabs down and have no problem keeping my bow down.
Interesting. I’m planning on moving batteries to console. So I assume that will help but even with 4 blade prop and full 12 x 12 blades I can’t get the bow down FULLY at speeds near 18 to 20mph in 3 ft seas and that’s what I need to run comfortably. I’m hoping new bigger tabs plus battery move will do the trick because like you I’m not a fan of a foil digging water 24/7.

I have a 2120 and everybody knows that it rides with the bow high. I was reluctant to drill holes, but went for it and I am not disappointed at all. The Permatrim helped lower the bow. Now I'm looking to change out the prop. I also have trim tabs. Anybody have recommendation for a prop for the F200?

I have a 2120 and everybody knows that it rides with the bow high. I was reluctant to drill holes, but went for it and I am not disappointed at all. The Permatrim helped lower the bow. Now I'm looking to change out the prop. I also have trim tabs. Anybody have recommendation for a prop for the F200?
Call Ken at prop gods

Interesting. I’m planning on moving batteries to console. So I assume that will help but even with 4 blade prop and full 12 x 12 blades I can’t get the bow down FULLY at speeds near 18 to 20mph in 3 ft seas and that’s what I need to run comfortably. I’m hoping new bigger tabs plus battery move will do the trick because like you I’m not a fan of a foil digging water 24/7.
Moving your batteries to the console will help and that’s not a bad idea. I personally wouldn’t worry about the full time drag of a Permatrim. My fuel burn was unaffected, maybe a tad better, as well as my top speed. I’ve only been running this set up for close to 6 years so I may know something about it vs. somebody who doesn’t have either mod. That said and knowing what I know from my experience, I would do the Permatrim first and see what you think. Its easier, cheaper and it just has the most return on your investment of time and money of the 2, JMO. Yes, others have mounted the Tabs off center and they did still work. I can run on plane and stuff my bow well down in a head sea as low as about 13/14 mph depending on current etc.. Its a game changer for running in rough water. Top speed on my 2120 is about 42mph. That is with 12x18’s and the Permatrim. If anybody is killing my performance numbers with the same boat and motor combo without either of these mods please step up and share. Forget about the stupid drag issue, you will never see it, IMO.

Hi
I’ve been struggling to get bow down at 18 to 20 mph when in real 3 to 4 ft seas. Bought 4 blade prop from Ken at P Gods and that helped but still can’t bury bow in the rough stuff when I wanna come back 40 miles offshore and don’t mind it taking 2 hrs to avoid the pounding you get at 25 mph plus. Ordered new 12 x 18 blades which I know will help but I’m also considering a Permatrim. I’m wondering if the permatrim will be needed or if bigger tabs will do it. I’m also thinking about moving batteries to console which would help get weight forward and not have to lay on deck to turn on battery switches. Lots of possibilities looking for real world recent experience.
Boat is a 2017 with yami 300
Thxs
Which Prop did Ken recommend? I just ordered the SCE4 from him, which is what he advised.

I put an OFS4 from Ken on my 2100 DV. It does give some addition stern lift (I think).
The biggest benefit I felt was being able to stay on plane at lower speeds. The ride is undoubtedly more comfortable.
I dont have tabs or Permatrim and Im happy.

Latest posts

Back